Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ls swap it***8217;s already (started so I***8217;d like positive/informative) suggestions only

So I***8217;ve started the building and swap on my 2005 525i to Ls 5.3 . I would like suggestions and information on the ac unit, electrical systems, and the rear end beaust it will be turbo ls with upgraded cam ect... my concerns are working AC/HEAT SYSTEMS (working properly) and the rear end being able to handle 600+hp. As far as HVAC mornings speculation is maybe if I keep the stock radiator, and split in the coolant sensor and rpm ( not sure what exactly because I***8217;m not the one building the car. I just want things to go relatively smooth in relation to the undertaking) but essentially splicing Any sensors necessary while running a 5.3L engine with a 4L80 transmission. I am getting this motor professionally built but as far as help and suggestions I would like to give my mechanic as much info as possible, so build the rear end and to get the HVAC system to work.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Wrong section sorry I can***8217;t delete it?
So I've started the building and swap on my 2005 525i to Ls 5.3 . I would like suggestions and information on the ac unit, electrical systems, and the rear end beaust it will be turbo ls with upgraded cam ect... my concerns are working AC/HEAT SYSTEMS (working properly) and the rear end being able to handle 600+hp. As far as HVAC mornings speculation is maybe if I keep the stock radiator, and split in the coolant sensor and rpm ( not sure what exactly because I'm not the one building the car. I just want things to go relatively smooth in relation to the undertaking) but essentially splicing Any sensors necessary while running a 5.3L engine with a 4L80 transmission. I am getting this motor professionally built but as far as help and suggestions I would like to give my mechanic as much info as possible, so build the rear end and to get the HVAC system to work.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Wrong section sorry I can't delete it?
So I've started the building and swap on my 2005 525i to Ls 5.3 . I would like suggestions and information on the ac unit, electrical systems, and the rear end beaust it will be turbo ls with upgraded cam ect... my concerns are working AC/HEAT SYSTEMS (working properly) and the rear end being able to handle 600+hp. As far as HVAC mornings speculation is maybe if I keep the stock radiator, and split in the coolant sensor and rpm ( not sure what exactly because I'm not the one building the car. I just want things to go relatively smooth in relation to the undertaking) but essentially splicing Any sensors necessary while running a 5.3L engine with a 4L80 transmission. I am getting this motor professionally built but as far as help and suggestions I would like to give my mechanic as much info as possible, so build the rear end and to get the HVAC system to work.

Good luck with that. You will spend many, many $$$$$$$ trying to get the engine electronics to play with the CANBUS of the stock car. At the least you'll need a stand-alone ECM and gauges. Will the stock electrics work? Probably not. This isn't the 60's anymore where one can just swap engines. Cars today are so electrically integrated that computers control everything.

Have fun... and plenty of patience and cash!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I***8217;m running a stand alone harness and ecu. There***8217;s a guy that***8217;s done it before on a e60 he just hasn***8217;t figured out the ac yet and he isn***8217;t adding as much hp as I am. His runs great.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Engine and trans are in and motor mounts were made. I***8217;m currently paying off a holly computer and dash.
Total spent so far is $4700 but the holly system will push me to $7700 ish

1 - 7 of 7 Posts