BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So since I don't want to put a million miles a year on my car which would you recommend, Thunderhill or Laguna Seca? I'm thinking Laguna Seca myself...

·
Hi
4,481 Posts
in_d_haus said:
So since I don't want to put a million miles a year on my car which would you recommend, Thunderhill or Laguna Seca? I'm thinking Laguna Seca myself...
I haven't been to either track, but from what I hear, Laguna is very very fast and Thunderhill is very scenic and tricky - i.e., dangerous. I may go to Laguna on Dec. 30th.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I've driven both tracks and you can't go wrong with either one. Both are fun, technical tracks with very challenging turns. Laguna Seca has the big name and lots of history but I prefer Thunderhill because it has more variety in the different turns, meaning, the corners at Thunderhill have a little bit of everything. And there is lots of runoff room at Thunderhill with very few walls in case of a spin.

·
Hi
4,481 Posts
kster said:
I've driven both tracks and you can't go wrong with either one. Both are fun, technical tracks with very challenging turns. Laguna Seca has the big name and lots of history but I prefer Thunderhill because it has more variety in the different turns, meaning, the corners at Thunderhill have a little bit of everything. And there is lots of runoff room at Thunderhill with very few walls in case of a spin.
Thanks! :thumbup:

·
Hi
4,481 Posts
kster said:
Which car club is hosting the Dec 30 track day?
FWIW, most of the instructors are BMW CCA instructors, so the quality of the instruction is extremely high. Additionally, Driving Concepts puts on very organized and safe track days, so I would recommend them any day! :thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts