BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Go Phillies!
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a problem w/lubricant drippings that leak from the hood onto the front fascia of their car?

The other day I saw a long drip by the grill and thought someone :yikes: spilled something onto my car. However, yesterday, I noticed more of the same.

I popped the hood, checked around the top and felt lubricant. Just took delivery on the car about two weeks ago...and we just started to get hit w/warm weather.

Tomorrow, it goes to the dealership for a few days because it came from a dealer trade w/a paint chip :cry:...but I do not want them to have any excuse to keep it longer if someone else has experience w/this problem.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Does anyone have a problem w/lubricant drippings that leak from the hood onto the front fascia of their car?

The other day I saw a long drip by the grill and thought someone :yikes: spilled something onto my car. However, yesterday, I noticed more of the same.

I popped the hood, checked around the top and felt lubricant. Just took delivery on the car about two weeks ago...and we just started to get hit w/warm weather.

Tomorrow, it goes to the dealership for a few days because it came from a dealer trade w/a paint chip :cry:...but I do not want them to have any excuse to keep it longer if someone else has experience w/this problem.
That lube on brand new car could be cosmoline, some sort of wax BMW uses during shipping (I guess to protect against nasty sea water in the ship).
I read it before on other forums.

·
Go Phillies!
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HPIA4v2--thanks, that's what it is...I tried a search previous to posting the thread and came up w/nothing. I appreciate the feedback. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts