BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I checked Luft's web and my ticket was listed as around $480 + $275 taxes = $755. Called Luft's BMW program and they quoted the 1st ticket @ $1250, add the tax on the 2nd ticket of $275 = $1525 so it's the same a two web priced tickets.:thumbdwn: :mad: :tsk: RIPOFF

·
mmm... carbs!
3,055 Posts
SDDennehy said:
I checked Luft's web and my ticket was listed as around $480 + $275 taxes = $755. Called Luft's BMW program and they quoted the 1st ticket @ $1250, add the tax on the 2nd ticket of $275 = $1525 so it's the same a two web priced tickets.:thumbdwn: :mad: :tsk: RIPOFF
Different class of fare dude. You can get a fare hold for the 2 for 1. You can't for the web fare. The web deal is similar to Travelocity.

Do some searching.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
True, like you can change days with a $200 fee, few more protections,etc. still just doesn't seem right.

·
mmm... carbs!
3,055 Posts
SDDennehy said:
True, like you can change days with a $200 fee, few more protections,etc. still just doesn't seem right.
You haven't done any researching before posting this. Search on Lufthansa.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Not to mention sometimes this IS the best deal. Ex. - We did ED during the world cup and got non-stop flights from San Francisco to Frankfurt for $900 each. If you checked the prices of non-stops from the west coast for 34 days of travel during the world cup you would have found them to be 15-2500 per ticket on any major airline.

·
Registered
424 Posts
mattb65 said:
Not to mention sometimes this IS the best deal. Ex. - We did ED during the world cup and got non-stop flights from San Francisco to Frankfurt for $900 each. If you checked the prices of non-stops from the west coast for 34 days of travel during the world cup you would have found them to be 15-2500 per ticket on any major airline.
exactly. For the summer season, the LH deal is the best

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
LH 2-1 is great during peak travel season when the deep discount tickets are not available. In the off-peak season, the deep discount tickets are available and will often beat the Q class fares. Another thing to note is that LH has very high taxes so if you can fly on UA metal on an LH code-share flight you are much better off.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I think the taxes are similar though, I know that the EU prices have increased a lot, especially recently. I used to fly standby from ORD-MUC or FRA for $100, now I pay almost $300.

They have a new tax in Germany that has increased in the past year I think, from $80 to around $250. I will find out tomorrow exactly and post some info on this. If the taxes on UA are indeed cheaper, then it's worth flying with them.

·
Registered
200 Posts
How is Lufthansa's coach service? I haven't flown internationally for ~10 years. If the LAX-MUC flight is going to be airborne hell I might use some of the honeymoon budget to upgrade to business class. Still 75% off for companion..

·
Registered
424 Posts
I'm pretty sure they use Boeing airplanes out of LAX, so the comfort is a little less than in an Airbus. I would get the upgrade to the business class. I flew on economy a few times only, but I flew in business tons of times on LH, and it's great, good food and good service. If you could get first class, now that's a treat lol.

·
mmm... carbs!
3,055 Posts
horatiub said:
I'm pretty sure they use Boeing airplanes out of LAX, so the comfort is a little less than in an Airbus. I would get the upgrade to the business class. I flew on economy a few times only, but I flew in business tons of times on LH, and it's great, good food and good service. If you could get first class, now that's a treat lol.
Say what? I've heard that the 777 is preferred over the A340 for comfort and space. I'd take the Boeing over the AB any day.

·
Registered
424 Posts
LH uses 747-400 out of the US. Or at least, I have't seen any 777. And you're right that the 777 is more comfortable than the 340, only because it's a newer plane, but that's the only Boeing that is more comfortable.

And if you can book an LH flight that's a 777, go for it, the business class and first are the best.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I'm sure I wouldn't pay it but approximately how much is it for 2 tickets of business fair on Luftansa using the 75% off second ticket deal? Way too much for a cheap bastid like me to pony up I'm sure:D . Has anyone been able to buy the 2 for 1 coach then upgrade at the counter before departure?

·
Registered
424 Posts
radgator1 said:
I'm sure I wouldn't pay it but approximately how much is it for 2 tickets of business fair on Luftansa using the 75% off second ticket deal? Way too much for a cheap bastid like me to pony up I'm sure:D . Has anyone been able to buy the 2 for 1 coach then upgrade at the counter before departure?
if you're nice to them, they might bump you up. It's likely to happen more during the peak season when the flights are oversold in economy.

·
Registered
311 Posts
horatiub said:
if you're nice to them, they might bump you up. It's likely to happen more during the peak season when the flights are oversold in economy.
Are we talking nice like smiling and chatting in a friendly manner to the agents or are we talking nice like slipping a couple benji's in the palm during a handshake? I'm not saying...I'm just saying:eeps::yikes: :D

·
Der Meister: Loriot
501 Posts
fly continental...my dad's a pilot for them. Goes to frankfurt all the time...You don't skimp on cars, so why skimp on airlines? Continental business class is unreal

·
Registered
424 Posts
:rofl:

I don't think they will take any money, I doubt it. I've never seen anybody taking money, so far.

Ask first if the economy is oversold and if there is a chance to get bumped up, it would mean a lot to you since it's the first time to Europe etc...Also, if you work for a company, and you have some promotional materials, use them, agents like that. In Chicago, a lady was working for Wrigley, and she was handing out bags of chewing gums to everybody everytime she would fly, and let me tell you: she got upgraded tons of times.

But in the end, it depends on the agent, and how strict the shift manager is.

·
Registered
424 Posts
tbiggs27 said:
PS- boeing whoops airbus anyday...newer and nicer
only the 777. The 319, 320 have better seats than the 737 or 757. Trust me, I flew a lot and I know. And especially in the US, a lot of 757s and 767s are used.

Anyway, each to its own.

·
Registered
144 Posts
just for sh*ts and giggles i checked the Lufthansa website and they quote (from LAX to MUC in OCt.) around 7000-7500 euros for business class as opposed to 700 for economy?!? does that sound right???

1 - 20 of 40 Posts