BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I wait for my lug key, I wanted to test-fit the lugs that are currently in the M-pars with my BBS rx's. I have taken out one lug from a front and rear wheel each, thinking perhaps they are different lengths, but theyre not. I could tell from corrosion that these lugs were gripping into the hubs about 1/2 inch with the M-Pars. When I dropped the lugs in the RX's I found they came out 3/4 of an inch on the other side.

Im just curious to if these may protrude too far into the hub with the new rims? On my w202, when I installed new rims, the rear lugs were too long and had to be shortened because they were ticking a part of the e-brake, so was the mech's explanation. I Just dont want to run into the same trouble with these new rims,with the M-Par lugs, on either front or rear wheels. I dont think an extra 1/4 inch is too much more length no?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I literally just had this problem with my RX's (E46 325i), and that was a 5mm difference, I know we're not in the same series, but sometimes a little hang can be too much. I had to buy a new set of stock bolts.

·
Keeping it surreal
43,207 Posts
One thread`s worth of extra length can be "too much", and cause things to bind....a best-case scenario is when there`s *no* protrusion beyond the hub`s flange....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts