BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got myself a 2006 BMW 750i with the standard 18 inch wheels and was planning to face western New Jersey with All Season tires. Had snow and ice on my old 330 CCi and there was a huge difference between All Season and the winter wheels

But to come to the point I managed to get myself a set of factory 18" wheels off a 745Li with winter tires on them for a bargain but now I am stumped do these wheels use the same lug nuts as the stock 18" wheels on the 750.

Is there a place I can find out what each of the designs is called. The stock 18" inchers have a hubcap that covers the lugs the winter ones have a center hub and recessed holes for the lugs

I guess I should change my name to topon now that the convertible is gone topoff isn't that cool any longer

Thanks for any help in advance :)

·
Go Mountaineers!
627 Posts
Topon - As long as the 745Li wheels are BMW original equipment, 750i lug bolts (and wheels) should interchange with those of the 745Li. The wheels specs should not have changed since the E65/E66 7-series was introduced in 2002.

Insofar as wheels are concerned, check here for a comprehensive list of all OEM BMW wheels...

http://www.x5world.com/html.php?file=wheels.htm

Here is the same thing edited down for E65/66 (2002-present 7-series)...

http://www.x5world.com/html.php?file=e65_w.htm

Hope this helps!
Mike

·
Registered
141 Posts
Topoff, just did this myself yesterday, not for the winter setup but I was just curious. Pulled the lugs off my wife's 03 & compared that to my 06, they are identical in pitch, length, and size. So if the wheels are OEM BMW mag wheels, then the answer is that they can be interchaged.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks all I was just wondering more based on the style of the rims if the lug nuts were specific to rim styles. Both wheels are original BMW Mag wheels I will find the part numbers of the wheels because that should map back to the style. Both wheels are original BMW and for the E65/E66 but I only have the lugs on the car the winters don't have lugs, the thread would work as it is already in there the question is the angle at the top and the length (depends on thickness of the wheel)

·
Registered
141 Posts
All the mags for the E65/66 use the M14x1.5. Origianl P/N was 36136758730 up to 12/07 and current P/N is 36136781152. If you need to confirm individual P/N's, best to go over to realoem.com and look up the specific setup to have a peace of mind.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks realoem.com did the trick found both wheels and they both use the same lugs M14 x 1.5

The next question is TPMS but I guess I should search for that answer what happens to the system when the new wheels have no TPMS sensors

1 - 6 of 6 Posts