BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks:

Planning our 14-day ED -- half of our trip will be with our new baby and the other half will be without. Although having a normal carryon with rollers will be just fine when we are with our newborn (along with daypacks), I question what we should do on legs without the car?

I like the idea of those backpacks (ala The Amazing Race :bigpimp: ) that can easily hold several changes of clothing, toiletries, and more, I don't know if would be worth buying those for the trip...and would we miss rollers? Plus, there are some that have rollers but I don't know if it's worth the price or awquardness of backpacks with rollers.

Or, would we suffice with the regular carryon with rollers? Any thoughts?

Thanks!

·
Happily Driving
7,219 Posts
How you will you be travelling w/o the car? Will you be constantly running from one place to another or will you be spending a few days here and there?

·
Registered
52 Posts
You might want to try the Eagle Creek Switchback Max 22 or Crossroads 22. Both are carryon legal and can be moved with the built in wheels/handle or on the back with backpack straps. My wife and I are travelling around the world and have picked one of each of these bags as our only luggage (other than a camera) for three months. They're portable, strong and functional and sound like they may meet your requirements too.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I travel a lot for business, and always am with my TravelPro 4SE, which is a airline qualified roll-aboard ( limit is defined as 45 linear inches total of all dimensions). I take this on vacations and business trips (my wife has a similar delsey) and never check-in baggage.

We were on a 5 country trip recently for a month (Asia, Aus, NZ, etc), and we had plenty of stuff with us together with a backpack (one with wheels, and one without) for the quick and short excursions.

Hope this helps.

·
Powder Days
1,998 Posts
Victorinox (The Swiss Army Knife People) makes several sizes of wheeled backbacks. I have two and my wife and I have spent two weeks on several trips with just the two units. They also come with a separate attachable day pack. We use them as carry ons and use the Day pack for junk used on the plane:thumbup:

They are usually on sale at www.reioutlet.com.

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts