BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do folks use the Ventilated seats and the active seats? do these work well?

The manual says Active seat just moves the seat a bit so the driver does not notice but it helps work all mussles on longer trips, but I have heard some folks say they can feel them and it is actually a massage? So which is it? If it is a massage - how good ?

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
All it does is massage your butt for those long trips, it works well but I wouldn't consider it a real massage.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Do folks use the Ventilated seats and the active seats? do these work well?

The manual says Active seat just moves the seat a bit so the driver does not notice but it helps work all mussles on longer trips, but I have heard some folks say they can feel them and it is actually a massage? So which is it? If it is a massage - how good ?
I have them. I don't think they work that well. I could barely feel the ventilation. It only massage your butt slowly, not your back. I would rather have my back massaged.

·
Registered
2015 535i, 2017 X3 x35
1,737 Posts
The ventilated seats are great in the summer: they eliminate the "sweaty back" syndrome on long trips. The active seat is okay but if it were a stand-alone option I would pass on it.

GT

·
Asanti AF 120
1,373 Posts
I use the ventilated seats often here in the hot south --I like that feature. The active seat only on long trips and it helps, but is not that great.

·
Registered
51 Posts
i use the vented seats all the time and the massage seats only when im driving for over an hour or im tired at 4am and im the DD :rofl:

·
Registered
184 Posts
It's now turning hot for the first time since I got my 7. Air on Auto and ventilated seats blowing, the car will cool you down very quickly. I use my massage on long trips and get out of the car feeling great.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Ventilated seats are great for hot & humid weather. It truly does help out. But ventilated seats are not air conditioned seats. So on a very hot day, I'd cool the car down a bit before turning it on. Otherwise you'd be venting hot air. Active seats eave alot to be desired. It w/ be nice if they were "true" massage-mid to lower back. Anyone have experience w/ Lexus or Merc seats? Are they any better/worse?

·
Sleek Sam
3,518 Posts
Ventilated seats is a must! The active or massage part of it sucks.:thumbdwn: Its like it gently lifts on buttcheek, than the other. I think is annoying and uncomfortable.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Active seats are not for massage. A lot of people mistake it for this. You are right in terms that if it is for massage, it does not do a good job. Active seats are for long trips, when your bum gets numb. It changes the pressure on your buttocks (from side to side) and allows blood to flow better, thus decreases the numb feeling.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Active seats are not for massage. A lot of people mistake it for this. You are right in terms that if it is for massage, it does not do a good job. Active seats are for long trips, when your bum gets numb. It changes the pressure on your buttocks (from side to side) and allows blood to flow better, thus decreases the numb feeling.
So what your saying is that it is pointless!

·
Go Gators
10,339 Posts
The active seats actually do help for long trips. I've driven 1000 miles in these cars and felt perfectly awake when done driving due to the good cruising nature of the car and the seat massage function.

·
Large Hungarian Sausage
353 Posts
The active seats actually do help for long trips. I've driven 1000 miles in these cars and felt perfectly awake when done driving due to the good cruising nature of the car and the seat massage function.
+1

·
Registered
364 Posts
Ventilated seats is a must! The active or massage part of it sucks.:thumbdwn: Its like it gently lifts on buttcheek, than the other. I think is annoying and uncomfortable.
^^^ so it "massages" your bunz :confused:
+1 on the vented seats!!

the "anti-Numbing"or "massages" seat is a waste of time - during a recent 10hr round trip to boston my seat felt so good i never thought of using the Active part - not needed - but maybe i have a fater @ss then others

·
E65/E66 Helper Man.......
1,511 Posts
i use the ventilated seats often during the summer, and the heated seats often during the winter... the active seats make a big differance... many may think all it does is move your buttcheeks around, which is true... but, whenever i drive from northern cali to canada, they are a lifesaver... whereas in other cars you will find yourself adjusting yourself frequently 6 hours into the trip, the 7's seats keep you compfy the whole time, they do make a differance!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.