BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I got off the phone with my CA PhilippeK (whom I am sure you all know from BF) and he just informed that his records indicate that the Lyra Leader was supposed to have arrived on 8/12/07 but alas it was a day late.

So it has already arrived (8/13/07) but I would assume it takes a few days to pull them off the boat. He informed me that the BMW people actually physically drive the cars from the ports to their processing center (a mere 3 mile drive).

I would assume some German accountant sat behind a computer and figured that this would be the most economical and time efficient way of processing.

I live in Southern Cali, and was promised the car by the 15th. I know the minute I heard that the ship was actually going to dock on the 12th of August that I would not see it on the 15th. Now that it is late a day, and I am more aware of the processing procedures, I would assume mid to late next week would be more realistic.

Though I will admit that my CA assures me that the cars that have been already sold or spoken for are treated as priority number one. Whatever that mean.
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152873&highlight=lyra+leader

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm on the Lyra also, but I can wait. As this one is my wife's car, and she's recovering from surgery, she has asked me to let her drive the car first. So I can go get the car once it arrives, but I have to drive it straight home and into the garage! :cry: Oh well, I have my 97' E36 and I love it! :)

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Car due at dealership on Monday!!!!!!

Riverside confirmed car is assigned to the trucking co. and will be arriving Monday!!!!
This is officially killing me now! This will be the longest weekend ever in the history of mankind :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Also Confirmed from my CA yesterday that car will arrive at my dealership on Wednesday. Californians are so lucky getting their cars 2 days sooner!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also Confirmed from my CA yesterday that car will arrive at my dealership on Wednesday. Californians are so lucky getting their cars 2 days sooner!
Agreed:thumbup: Still that's pretty good your only 2 days behind. Considering the miles difference, that doesn't seem to bad with a truck w/a bunch of cars in it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Did you lucky Californians get your babies yet? My CA called yesterday and said the car was still at the port?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts