BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the typical time frame from initial order to delivery for a Z4 M Coupe?

If an M coupe was ordered in May should it have been delivered by now?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Depending on where you live the normal time frame seems to be 8-12 weeks. The longer time frame is for west coast cars to get shipped by rail out to California before being routed to their final destination.

conorb

·
Registered
868 Posts
m3clemens said:
What's the typical time frame from initial order to delivery for a Z4 M Coupe?

If an M coupe was ordered in May should it have been delivered by now?
Depends on your Dealer's allocations and the priority code of the order. Ask your Dealer for a status update - once the Car is in production with a VIN # you can expect to wait 3-4 weeks - they seem to be doing quite a bit of QE prior to shippping. You could ask your Dealer to setup a performance centre delivery too, will help expedite delivery...

Db

·
19,585 Miles
11,141 Posts
Caddyshk said:
Depends on your Dealer's allocations and the priority code of the order. Ask your Dealer for a status update - once the Car is in production with a VIN # you can expect to wait 3-4 weeks - they seem to be doing quite a bit of QE prior to shippping. You could ask your Dealer to setup a performance centre delivery too, will help expedite delivery...

Db
Performance center delivery would have delayed my delivery 10 days.

·
Metalsmith
572 Posts
Performance center delivery takes longer because there are (usually) airline flights that are reserved in advance, and no one wants the penalty of last-minute flight changes if the completion date slips for any reason. Hence BMW builds a lot of extra time into the schedule for PCD.

·
///Mtourage
486 Posts
I ordered on June 1st and I have not even got an order number.... its sort of starting to make me really mad!!

·
19,585 Miles
11,141 Posts
F360C said:
I ordered on June 1st and I have not even got an order number.... its sort of starting to make me really mad!!
They said that they will building some this HC. September first is Friday of HC. So my guess is that they will be 2007 ones. It will be interesting seeing all the colors plus in the same place.

·
///Mtourage
486 Posts
Ron Stygar said:
They said that they will building some this HC. September first is Friday of HC. So my guess is that they will be 2007 ones. It will be interesting seeing all the colors plus in the same place.
Yea I guess the one positive thing that is going come to from all this waiting is I might get an 07'! :D

I was wondering if that offer is still open for me to come and take a look at your M coupe?

·
19,585 Miles
11,141 Posts
F360C said:
Yea I guess the one positive thing that is going come to from all this waiting is I might get an 07'! :D

I was wondering if that offer is still open for me to come and take a look at your M coupe?
Not in August. Have a lot to do in three weeks for HC.
After Labor Day no problem.

As Randy said to me in his email:
Tomorrow is August, official month to prepare for Homecoming ;)

·
Registered
458 Posts
Forgive my ignorance but is Homecoming like the swallows returning to Capistrano? Or salmon swimming upstream to breed or something?

Do we all get to drive our cars through a complex sysem of locks and canals or something?

Please remember that I am new to both BMW ownership and Z4's, etc., etc.

conorb

·
Registered
568 Posts
conorb said:
Forgive my ignorance but is Homecoming like the swallows returning to Capistrano? Or salmon swimming upstream to breed or something?

Do we all get to drive our cars through a complex sysem of locks and canals or something?

Please remember that I am new to both BMW ownership and Z4's, etc., etc.

conorb
Funny. :)

The biggest official BMW recognized gathering of the Z family in one place IMO.

·
Registered
198 Posts
conorb said:
Honestly, I know nothing about it. I've owned a Z4 model for less than 4 weeks. I'll check it out though.

Got it: http://www.bmwroadsterhomecoming.com/index.php - looks cool and all full up. Plus, I'm more than 3000 miles away.

conor
Conor-too bad we could not arrange BMW to have West Coast Homecoming at the West Coast VPC. Wouldn't be the factory but would still be good fun for reunion for us that would be closer.

Bob

·
Registered
458 Posts
docarut said:
Conor-too bad we could not arrange BMW to have West Coast Homecoming at the West Coast VPC. Wouldn't be the factory but would still be good fun for reunion for us that would be closer.

Bob
Bob,

That would be nice, but I can see the logic behind having the Homecoming at the factory. It would be a fun time though.

Conor

·
Registered
568 Posts
conorb said:
Honestly, I know nothing about it. I've owned a Z4 model for less than 4 weeks. I'll check it out though.

Got it: http://www.bmwroadsterhomecoming.com/index.php - looks cool and all full up. Plus, I'm more than 3000 miles away.

conor
I was just saying its funny because of your use of analogies :rofl:

Yes, 3k miles away is far, but i know some ppl come from even further!

Anyhow, if you search these forums you can maybe find the great panoramic group shot.
Definitely a keeper when ppl attend. :thumbup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts