BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is the 535xi with M package, I just noticed that the transmission selector lever is the regular one instead of the M gear lever.

I looked some other pics with M pkg, it seems that they all come with the M gear lever. Did they make a mistake when building my car?

Attachments

·
Registered
429 Posts
My car is the 535xi with M package, I just noticed that the transmission selector lever is the regular one instead of the M gear lever.

I looked some other pics with M pkg, it seems that they all come with the M gear lever. Did they make a mistake when building my car?
I think what you're referring to is the 2TB Sport Automatic Transmission option. That changes the surround on the selector in addition to paddles and software on the transmission.

It's not the M package alone for the selector detail you note.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think what you're referring to is the 2TB Sport Automatic Transmission option. That changes the surround on the selector in addition to paddles and software on the transmission.

It's not the M package alone for the selector detail you note.
Thanks! Just went to BMWUSA, and noticed that that gear lever comes with the "sport automatic transmission with shift paddles"

·
Registered
184 Posts
+1 to post below. Also, there may be a difference between "Sport package" and M Sport Package".

·
Plastic Man
88 Posts
Do you have a picture of the M gear lever, th eon pictured seems to be what I have and I have Msport with SAT

·
Registered
184 Posts
Here is a photo of the 2011 F10 550i M-Sport shifter. Note the leather wrap around the base.

The photo attached by ycc69 does not appear to show this shifter. The photo from ycc69 has a flat piece of plastic at the base. For me, this is the easiest way to distinguish the two shifters.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here is a photo of the 2011 F10 550i M-Sport shifter. Note the leather wrap around the base.

The photo attached by ycc69 does not appear to show this shifter. The photo from ycc69 has a flat piece of plastic at the base. For me, this is the easiest way to distinguish the two shifters.
You have to add the "sport automatic transmission with shift paddles" option which is $500. No matter the car comes with M package or not.

·
Everything's Bigger in TX
7,121 Posts
Yes, the shift lever is different (look at the Park button) and there is a shift boot for the Sport/M-Sport.
Again, no.

The boot and the lever are part of ONE option ONLY. That's the Sport Auto transmission option. It doesn't matter if you have sport or M Sport, if you don't order Sport Auto transmission option, you will get the shifter shown in the picture at the top with the "twisted" shifter and no leather boot.

You cannot, however, order the Sport Auto Transmission option unless you already have the Sport or M Sport package, however.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Got it. I have the M-sport. Didn't drive a sport package version so I haven't seen it on that car. I did drive a non-sport and it had the one on the first pic.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Got it. I have the M-sport. Didn't drive a sport package version so I haven't seen it on that car. I did drive a non-sport and it had the one on the first pic.
Notice you live in NJ too. I have the same car - 535xi with M pkg.

How is your tire? I already got four bubbles in my front tires due to the road condition in Jersey, and I have the Goodyear tires.

·
550 XI M Sport F10
362 Posts

How is your tire? I already got four bubbles in my front tires due to the road condition in Jersey, and I have the Goodyear tires.
I had gy tires and they switched em all for bridgestones free w insurance

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp

·
Registered
367 Posts

No bubbles yet. I have been lucky enought not to hit any of the many potholes we have in NJ. Although, I've noticed that most of the ones here in Central NJ (rt 1, 9 and 18) have been patched.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.