BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot decide. I want to upgrade to 18" wheels and I have my heart set on //M-Parallels. However, OEMs are twice as expensive as replicas. Some days I love replicas and other days I hate them.

Many have that "machined" look that does not resemble OEM at all. I have even thought about replicas and powder coating or painting them silver. It would still be cheaper than OEM.

So, help me out here guys. What do you think?

Rob

·
Registered
872 Posts
Rgol said:
I cannot decide. I want to upgrade to 18" wheels and I have my heart set on //M-Parallels. However, OEMs are twice as expensive as replicas. Some days I love replicas and other days I hate them.

Many have that "machined" look that does not resemble OEM at all. I have even thought about replicas and powder coating or painting them silver. It would still be cheaper than OEM.

So, help me out here guys. What do you think?

Rob
I struggled with the same quesiton. After asking around and doing some research i went with oem as painful the cost was. Reason of safety. Heard horror stories of replica failures and with having my kids in the car it came down to simple decision.

·
Registered
268 Posts
replicas are just as good, I have been using my M5 repo for a year, all straight and true, no vibration or crap like that. I am not too sure what catastrophic failure it would be, but I am sure it won't just disintegrate in a split second. BMW doesn't make wheels themselves, they farm it out to TPM and slab their roundel on the product. Now you call it BMW quality, does it make you feel safer???
BTW I have two small children in my car too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.