BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

M Performance Exhaust

4494 Views 27 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  dtc100
What are your guys thoughts? I am getting a 335 msport and thinking about ordering the m performance exhaust.

Anyone have any experience with it?

How does it sound compared to stock? Any louder? how much?....

thx
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
There should be one at Bimmerfest East on the M Performance Parts F30 that BMW is bringing. I don't think I will have time to get a video but perhaps someone else can and will post it.

Tim
if I buy a 335i (E90 or F30), first (and only) thing I'll do it get an M Performance exhaust and an LSD. And non-RFTs. :)
Nice, have you heard the mperformance exhaust for the F30, and the base exhaust?
if I buy a 335i (E90 or F30), first (and only) thing I'll do it get an M Performance exhaust and an LSD. And non-RFTs. :)
Just videos on Youtube, but the M exhaust sounds way better, and I prefer a factory exhaust if possible.
Nice, have you heard the mperformance exhaust for the F30, and the base exhaust?
I don't understand this obsession about exhaust "note", if you're buying a new exhaust for the sound then go ahead and drill a couple holes in your exhaust I'm sure you'll love it.

Seriously, real drivers don't care.
This is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. Sound is one of the most exhilarating parts of a performance automobile. Why would auto manufactures producing performance vehicles spend 100s of hours in acoustic rooms with vehicles perfecting the way they sound. The following video (I realize it is not a BMW however I know that they do this as well) illustrates my point flawlessly.

If you told any gear head that "real drives don't care about sound" you would be literally laughed off the racetrack/car club. I mean have you ever seen an episode of Top Gear?

Don't make insulting claims if your not aware of what "real" (whatever this means) car fanatics enjoy.
I don't understand this obsession about exhaust "note", if you're buying a new exhaust for the sound then go ahead and drill a couple holes in your exhaust I'm sure you'll love it.

I'm going to agree to disagree here. It's totally subjective. "Realness" of the driver has nothing to do with it.

You haven't turn your above skill into a money making business? Pretty dumb if you ask me.

I agree dtc100, I should go out into my garage now and drill holes in my AMG exhaust, I've really been looking for that extra sound. :rofl:
You haven't turn your above skill into a money making business? Pretty dumb if you ask me.
A lot of aftermarket exhausts do sound like a leaky exhaust, and if I had a Honda i wouldn't bother with an exhaust.

But the inline sixes sound incredible with a ZHP or M Performance exhaust. Not loud, it sounds factory, but with so much character.

Arrr crap can't even hijack a thread without getting my posts deleted :D
Just watched a bunch of YouTube vids. sounds good. doesn't sound like it would drone while cruising. not super loud which is what I'd look for.
My wife wont drive our 328i because its exhaust note is too quiet. She prefers my Sky since it has a cat-back system and rumbles for her.
No one wants a fart-can rice burner sounding exhaust, but factually (at least here in California) most people associate power and performance with a good exhaust note.

Now I'm on the prowl for a good cat-back system for our 328i so my wife will give me back my Sky..

Ahh thank you, another video emphasizing my point.
Here's some "fake" drivers caring about exhaust note. Posers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvc8e1EHXOU&feature=youtube_gdata_player
You can check out YouTube and listen to my before and after on the Performance Exhaust on a 2011 335. Under chrisk335. I do have the E90, but it's obviously the same engine and the pics of the m performance exhaust that I've seen for the F30 look exactly the same as mine. I'm guessing they are exactly the same part and BMW just renamed it as "m performance" for their new "m performance" line and added the "M" on the tips.

It's awesome...
What are your guys thoughts? I am getting a 335 msport and thinking about ordering the m performance exhaust.

Anyone have any experience with it?

How does it sound compared to stock? Any louder? how much?....

thx
So what does the M Performance Exhaust come with? Is it a catback, axle back, or full on (if that's the proper term for it)? I really want this, but I kinda need to justify in my head why a better exhaust note should cost $1300.
http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=3A93&mospid=54113&btnr=18_0995&hg=18&fg=95&hl=2
So what does the M Performance Exhaust come with? Is it a catback, axle back, or full on (if that's the proper term for it)? I really want this, but I kinda need to justify in my head why a better exhaust note should cost $1300.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.