Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ya, ya...I know it's a cross-post...but I know you Z guys don't get out much...

I've been entrusted to spec out the dealership's first allocation of MZ4s :fruit:

We've got 4.

All of them will have every option, but I wanted to get some feedback on the color combos. The first two will definitely be:

Black Sapphire/Black Extended Leather/Aluminum Hexagon/Black Softop
Titanium Silver/Black Extended Leather/Aluminum Hexagon/Black Softtop

As for the other two, I think I'll get a little more creative, and I'm thinking of the following:

Silver Gray/Imola Red Leather/Carbon Leather/Black Softtop
Alpine White/Sepang Brown Dark Leather/Madeira Wood/Dark Beige Sofftop
Imola Red/Sepang Brown Dark Leather/Carbon Leather/Black Softtop
Interlagos Blue/Sepang Bronze Light Extended Leather/Carbon Leather/Gray Softtop

Thoughts?

·
19,585 Miles
11,141 Posts
philippek said:
Alpine White/Sepang Brown Dark Leather/Madeira Wood/Dark Beige Sofftop
Imola Red/Sepang Brown Dark Leather/Carbon Leather/Black Softtop
Didn't know that you could do Sepang Brown Dark with Alpine white or Imola red.

At least your customers can see the different combinations.
Dealer I went to today has one allocation. He ordered Titanium, black leather, premium and heated seats.

·
M Mad
10,479 Posts
You meran you don't have customers for the first 4 cars?????

·
Registered
266 Posts
I like the car in red, and that dark brown leather sounds delightful, but what does that carbon leather trim look like? It's got to be almost black or it won't look good. I think you should order it with the dark brown only.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ron Stygar said:
You're right :(

Damn fashion police...Sepang Brown is only available with Ti Silver, Silver Gray, Sepang Bronze and Interlagos Blue...and all of those combos sound just hideous :eek:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Philliekp:

I am located in HB and very interested in putting a deposit down for the mz4. Which dealership do you work at?

I want alpinewhite/silvergrayleather/aluminum /tan top.

Please let me know how i can proceed. thanks

·
M Mad
10,479 Posts
philippek said:
Don't worry Pinecone, I'll do my best to find good homes for all of them :D
No, it is more that most M cars have a waiting list for the first few. Not a good sign, IMO, that people are getting allocations and don't have most of the cars pre-sold.

Did this happen with the MZ3 intro? For the E46 M3 the supply didn't free up for a full year, and longer for many dealers.

·
Registered
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pinecone said:
No, it is more that most M cars have a waiting list for the first few. Not a good sign, IMO, that people are getting allocations and don't have most of the cars pre-sold.

Did this happen with the MZ3 intro? For the E46 M3 the supply didn't free up for a full year, and longer for many dealers.
I'm not worried. The Z4 is a niche car. The MZ4 is a niche-within-a-niche, and it's really only us who know what it is and that it's coming. I very much doubt that we'll have this car for more than a year or two anyway...I mean really, how long can they keep using the S54?

Once the car hits I'm sure there will be some buzz, and I'm betting the thing will be a kick in the pants to drive. Every one will be loved by its respective owner.

·
M Mad
10,479 Posts
Sounds good. But I'm not convinved. There should be people lining up.

Heck, some dealers have fairly long waiting lists for E90 M3s already. And they aren't due out for 2 YEARS. :)

·
Registered
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ron Stygar said:
Finally ordered them today, and the system didn't reject my Alpine White/Sepang Brown Dark combo :dunno:

·
19,585 Miles
11,141 Posts
philippek said:
Finally ordered them today, and the system didn't reject my Alpine White/Sepang Brown Dark combo :dunno:
OK. Post some pics when the cars show up.

Can you do a delete on the headlight washers?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Personally, I like black exterior with red leather. :thumbup:

·
Registered
371 Posts
philippek said:
I very much doubt that we'll have this car for more than a year or two anyway...I mean really, how long can they keep using the S54?
I was talking to another dealer in the SoCal region about this, and he thought that the upcoming MZ4 would only ever see the S54, because by the time the E90 M3 comes out, the Z4 would be due for a redesign. Any thoughts on this?

--Andre

·
Registered
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Andre Yew said:
I was talking to another dealer in the SoCal region about this, and he thought that the upcoming MZ4 would only ever see the S54, because by the time the E90 M3 comes out, the Z4 would be due for a redesign. Any thoughts on this?

--Andre
This is pure speculation, but I imagine they will make the MZ4 for two years. If demand is strong enough maybe more...but by then the S54 will 10 years old! I can't see them putting the E90 M3 motor in it...perhaps the much speculated 3.5L turbo 6?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Any idea about the matte finish on the m coupe concept?

I read somewhere that the m division was considering to offer the same matte silver on the m coupe as an (expensive ;) ) option, anyone else hear this?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts