BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone- this is my first post, so take it easy on me lol
i just came over from the audi world (i have owned many audi's)
after the recent insurance write off of my Audi S4, i decided to give BMW a try, so i went out and bought myself a 2001 540i 6 speed with the M-Sport package. so far, i love it!
one problem though, immediately after purchase, i needed to drive it 3000km home, and on the way, i hit a rabbit (animal, not car). wouldn't you know it, the goddamn wascawy wabbit put a rabbit-sized hole in my sexy front bumper cover, and smashed a foglight.
in a quick search, i found this replacement from Turner Motorsport:
https://www.turnermotorsport.com/Sh...rue&ReturnUrl=showproduct.aspx?ProductID=1921
and since it comes with foglights too, i figured it would be a perfect replacement.
anyone have any input? is Turner a good company? good products? has anyone installed one of these bumper covers with success?
thanks for any input guys!

· Constantly Learning
2,147 Posts
Welcome. An 1800 mile drive home -- now that's dedication!

Sorry to hear about the accident. Turner is a very reputable company, and I'm sure they sell good replicas. Your link goes to an empty shopping cart, so now sure which you're looking at but assume its the M5 replica.

Lots of guys here have installed the M bumper kits.

· Bimmer Loyalist
536 Posts
Do not know what Turner is charging for the Msport front bumper, but there are alot of places on ebay selling the complete front bumper with fogs for around 200-250 bucks. I put one on my E39 sportwagon and fit and finish are top notch.

· Registered
175 Posts
Turner is likely the OEM front bumper. Great company, have always been extremely happy with them. Other sites to consider are www.bavauto.com, pelicanparts.com, modbargains.com.

Welcome! Congrats on the 540i/6, you'll love it.

· Registered
1,135 Posts
hey everyone- this is my first post, so take it easy on me lol
i just came over from the audi world (i have owned many audi's)
after the recent insurance write off of my Audi S4, i decided to give BMW a try, so i went out and bought myself a 2001 540i 6 speed with the M-Sport package. so far, i love it!
one problem though, immediately after purchase, i needed to drive it 3000km home, and on the way, i hit a rabbit (animal, not car). wouldn't you know it, the goddamn wascawy wabbit put a rabbit-sized hole in my sexy front bumper cover, and smashed a foglight.
in a quick search, i found this replacement from Turner Motorsport:
https://www.turnermotorsport.com/Sh...rue&ReturnUrl=showproduct.aspx?ProductID=1921
and since it comes with foglights too, i figured it would be a perfect replacement.
anyone have any input? is Turner a good company? good products? has anyone installed one of these bumper covers with success?
thanks for any input guys!
Welcome. I'd love to hear you impressions of the "new" to you car over a 3K road trip!

BMA (www.bmaparts.com) and EAC (www.eactuning.com) are two other sources. Very competive pricing and helpful over the phone.

Turner is likely the OEM front bumper. Great company, have always been extremely happy with them. Other sites to consider are www.bavauto.com, pelicanparts.com, modbargains.com.

Welcome! Congrats on the 540i/6, you'll love it.
Danios:

Excellent choice for wheels. Complements the color quite well!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.