BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My apologies if this is a re-post.

I noticed this morning that the M Sport Pack is now an option in the BMWUSA configurator. This is awesome! I have the M package on my 2006 X3 and it just makes the car.

It always annoyed me how BMW makes the 328 or 128 look less attractive than the 335 or 135 through more conservative bumpers and wheels. Now you can fix that.

Personally, I'd rather have the smaller engine with a manual transmission and have to work the gears to get the most out of it. I drove my friend's 335xi coupe in Germany for two weeks during Euro Delivery with him. On the autobahn, the 335 is just an incredible car, but in America where you can't legally go faster than about 75mph, what's the point? You go from 0-60 in second gear and then what? Now we can have the best of both worlds, a very aggressive looking 328.

-James
Seattle, WA

2006 BMW X3 3.0i (manual, sport, premium, xenons, etc.)

·
detour in Ingolstadt
3,180 Posts
Good find. The 17" wheels are kind of weaksauce. The 18s look great, but 18" tires can be expensive.

Piano black looks like a cool trim option.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Wow...

I've been playing with the international configurator on bmw.com but it didn't show the 3 series M package with the exhaust on reverse sides, just together. Very hot. The Piano black trim doesn't seem to be previewing for me, but seems promising..

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,884 Posts
And it's all FREE!! :bigpimp:

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm just ticked I paid for the Sport package on an 09 335xi and its now basically free. Sport was the only way to get the seats and you don't even get the tuned suspension with the xD. Now, throw on top of that BMW paying for the 1st 2 payments and I've overpaid by $3k.... :thumbdwn:

·
Registered
416 Posts
I'm just ticked I paid for the Sport package on an 09 335xi and its now basically free. Sport was the only way to get the seats and you don't even get the tuned suspension with the xD. Now, throw on top of that BMW paying for the 1st 2 payments and I've overpaid by $3k.... :thumbdwn:
It's not really free.

They just have not posted the prices yet.

For the xi's it is going to be around $3200.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
It's not really free.

They just have not posted the prices yet.

For the xi's it is going to be around $3200.
Any idea when they'll reveal the Munich pick-up prices?

·
Flying monkey herder
8,166 Posts
Any idea when they'll reveal the Munich pick-up prices?
options come in at regular price. ED base price is lower

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,884 Posts
fyi - on most options, including the packages, multiple the MSRP by .91 and round to the nearest $5 to get the invoice price. On a few options the mark up is slightly more and on a few it's slightly less, but .91 will pretty much always get you in the ball park.

·
Registered
256 Posts
options come in at regular price. ED base price is lower
I understand that... just wondering when the ED base price will come out. I believe ED base price and US invoice price are the same for options but not the base price of the car.

·
Registered
256 Posts
fyi - on most options, including the packages, multiple the MSRP by .91 and round to the nearest $5 to get the invoice price. On a few options the mark up is slightly more and on a few it's slightly less, but .91 will pretty much always get you in the ball park.
Good info. thanks for the formula.

·
Registered
93 Posts
ZMP invoice?

C-Los---I just added the M-sport package to my 2009 335 coupe last week. My CA and I figured the invoice price of the ZMP to be at $3000. That is $1590 over the ZSP invoice of $1410. We used the formula mentioned in this thread.

·
Registered
256 Posts
C-Los---I just added the M-sport package to my 2009 335 coupe last week. My CA and I figured the invoice price of the ZMP to be at $3000. That is $1590 over the ZSP invoice of $1410. We used the formula mentioned in this thread.
Very cool, thanks because I just called my CA friday to change my ZSP to M-sports package for my 335i sedan without knowing how much I was going to pay for invoice. I'm doing Euro Delivery April 1 so I still had time. i'll make sur to use the same formula if the price is not out within a couple of weeks of signing my contract.

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,884 Posts
I understand that... just wondering when the ED base price will come out. I believe ED base price and US invoice price are the same for options but not the base price of the car.
Not quite sure what you mean here, but just to clarify - only the price of the car is discounted for ED; both MSRP and invoice are marked down 7%. Option prices are the same for both U.S. delivery and ED; both MSRP and invoice.

I've seen the MSRP prices for the M-Sport package around. I recall the price for the sedan being $3750 (paid attention to that 'cause I'm a sedan guy) and I think the coupe price might have been $3200 - $3300. I'm pretty sure it was lower than the price for the sedan.

·
Registered
256 Posts
- only the price of the car is discounted for ED; . Option prices are the same for both U.S. delivery and ED;

That's what I meant.

I've seen the MSRP prices for the M-Sport package around. I recall the price for the sedan being $3750 (paid attention to that 'cause I'm a sedan guy) and I think the coupe price might have been $3200 - $3300. I'm pretty sure it was lower than the price for the sedan.
I did see the MSRP prices for M-Sports package. It's here somewhere as a pdf file. I wonder why the coupe price is less than the sedan. Is it because the base price of the coupe is more than the sedan?

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Not quite sure what you mean here, but just to clarify - only the price of the car is discounted for ED; both MSRP and invoice are marked down 7%. Option prices are the same for both U.S. delivery and ED; both MSRP and invoice.

Looks like M Sport includes ZSP, so the sedan-coupe price diff should be the same as the ZSP sedan-coupe price difference.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
I did see the MSRP prices for M-Sports package. It's here somewhere as a pdf file. I wonder why the coupe price is less than the sedan. Is it because the base price of the coupe is more than the sedan?
Coupe price is less because some of the stuff included in M Sport is already standard - like sport suspension tuning and the sport steering wheel (not the M Sport wheel, but less of an upgrade over the sedan's standard non-sport wheel).

For the 328i, 16" wheels are standard on the sedan whereas 17's are standard on the coupe, so again less of an upgrade with the M Sport.

·
Registered
203 Posts

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I love the front end but I'm not a huge fan of the rear bumper.

Having said that...........I'm sure I would have ordered it had it been available for the January builds. ;)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts