BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13,568 Posts
I drove a 2011 135i DCT with M Sport. Almost bought it that is, 'til I heard the awful base radio!! :thumbdwn:

·
energetik9
2,361 Posts
Here's a pic of mine after a detail :)

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Trunk Rim

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Bmw

·
Registered
172 Posts
Sport package was discontinued on 2011 3 Series cars with a 3/1/2011 build or later. Only the M Sport is available after that date. IMO the M Sport Package is worth every penny.
The sport package was only discontinued on e92 and e93. E90 and e91 still have the sport package option as of march 2011 production and later.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi all:

I guess I am confused....when I go to the BMWUSA site and do a build your own, I do not see any package that is called M sport.....The package I have in mind includes 18" wheels, black window trim and black trim around the exhaust pipes....There is some reference that it is only available with Lemans Blue, but then I have seen some alpine white ones with the what I think is the package....

·
Registered
172 Posts
Which model are you configuring?

Are you looking at 335is? or M3? Because neither of those two cars will list M-Sport Package. 335is comes standard with a package that is similar, but not equal to M-Sport Package and therefore M-Sport package is not an option. It is also not limited to Le Mans Blue. M3 will not also come with M-Sport Package because it will have its own body package.

The M-Sport Package is only an option on the 335i, 328i, and 335d. Are you configuring the 335i, 328i, 335d? sedan/coupe/wagon

The m-sport package is offered with limited set of colors, including Le Mans Blue.
Le Mans blue is ONLY offered with M-Sport package.
M-Sport package however, can be configured with a limited set of colors, but is not only limited to Le Mans Blue. (Some other colors include Space Gray, Alpine white, etc.)

18" 193-M wheels come standard on 335i, and 335d when you order the M-Sport Package.

With the 328i, 17" inch wheels come standard.
With the sedan/wagon, 18" 193M wheels are listed as an option.
With the coupe/convertible, it does not list 18" wheels as an option, and that has been visible since march 2011. I do not know whether you can or cannot chose 18" wheels as an additional cost option.

·
///Multiple
4,525 Posts
335is comes standard with a package that is similar, but not equal to M-Sport Package...
Why do you say this? Everything that comes in the M Sport Package on a 335i is included on the 335is with the exception of the different wheels, and the functional rear valence/diffuser, and both of these are unique to the 335is. Everything else, including all exterior and interior trim items are the same. How is it not equal? It would be better to say that the M Package is included on the 335is as standard equipment. Many reviews of the 335is have indicated that the M Sport Package is standard.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi :

Sorry for not being clear.....Interested in 335i with M-sport....I cannot see that option in the BMW configurator......I already have an 2011 M3 so I guess I have the ultimate M sport package...but looking for 335i with M sport as a second car...will replace my aging 330Ci Euro delivery car...now has 140,000 miles...

·
Registered
172 Posts
Why do you say this? Everything that comes in the M Sport Package on a 335i is included on the 335is with the exception of the different wheels, and the functional rear valence/diffuser, and both of these are unique to the 335is. Everything else, including all exterior and interior trim items are the same. How is it not equal? It would be better to say that the M Package is included on the 335is as standard equipment. Many reviews of the 335is have indicated that the M Sport Package is standard.
That was my point. the M-Sport package is standard, but with slight differences, the differences being what you pointed out, the diffuser and the wheels which are specific to the 335is. To me, if it was equal, they would have the same valence/diffuser, and wheels.

Either way the point is, m-sport package is not listed with the 335is because it is, for all sense of purposes, included in the 335is, albeit with model specific differences.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hi :

Sorry for not being clear.....Interested in 335i with M-sport....I cannot see that option in the BMW configurator......I already have an 2011 M3 so I guess I have the ultimate M sport package...but looking for 335i with M sport as a second car...will replace my aging 330Ci Euro delivery car...now has 140,000 miles...
335i is offered with m-sport. are you sure you are looking in the right area?

On the sedan it is listed in the "Packages" section underneath the Sport Package.
On the coupe it is listed int he "Packages" section in the 2nd column.

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi All:

Never mind......it re-appeared tonight on the BMWUSA.com configurator for the 335i coupe....Not sure why it was not there this morning....maybe some web site updating.....all is well with the world again.....

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Further Clarification

Went to dealer tonight....found out (not made clear on BMWUSA.com), if you choose LeMans Blue, it must come with M-sport package....i.e. you cannot order LeMans Blue without M-sport package....Just FYI....

·
Registered
172 Posts
if you pay attention to the little white boxes with the ! inside of it, and see what the popup box shows when your mouse hovers over the [!] box, it will tell you what packages/options have to be added as a result of selecting a particular color/option. If you don't have M-Sport Package selected, and you select Le Mans Blue, it should have automatically selected M-Sport Package. Once you deselect M-Sport Package, it should have deselected Le Mans Blue.

I tried to mention that in my earlier post
aljlin said:
The m-sport package is offered with limited set of colors, including Le Mans Blue.
Le Mans blue is ONLY offered with M-Sport package.
You can choose other colors with M-Sport Package though. The only package limitation is when you select Le Mans Blue, M-Sport is automatically selected.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.