BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

M-SPORT wheels/tires

9025 Views 20 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  tturedraider
Just had my vehicle ordered and selected ZAS option. Does that come with square wheel setup?
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
probably.
Just had my vehicle ordered and selected ZAS option. Does that come with square wheel setup?
Yes, if you order All Seasons, then you get a square setup. You also lose the 155 MPH speed limiter.
Thanks:thumbup:. That's what I thought. I plan to replace them with non-RFT's Conti's DWS in order to improve ride quality and avoid getting snow tires. I did the same on my 5,
which came with performance Dunlop RFT's, though a square setup.
I went with ZPT, 18" staggered. In a few months, I plan on buying some Bridgestone RE970AS tires that I will use for the cold months. Next spring I will go back to the summer tires.

I don't have to worry to much about snow, but it can be very cold during the winter.
RE970 should be awesome from what I have read, but not good in snow so unfortunately a deal breaker for me. Have you looked into Mich Pilots all-season?
Yes, and they are in the running. It does not rain here much, but when it does it tends to pour. Tire Rack's tests indicate the Bridgestone performs a bit better in the rain.

Tire Rack says the Michelins have a ringing sound when they hit a bump, while the Bridgestones "thump". I don't know which is more objectionable. They also indicate that the Bridgestones are more comfortable on rough roads. They say that both tires have very good performance characteristics.
RE970 should be awesome from what I have read, but not good in snow so unfortunately a deal breaker for me. Have you looked into Mich Pilots all-season?
Don't want to start another long thread about the merits of all season tires. I just don't get people who configure their cars with all the advanced handling options and cripple them with sub par tires?
I only own one car, so I don't really have a choice but to put A/S tires on it for the cold months. In sub 40 degree F temperatures, a A/S tire is going to perform better than a summer tire.

I am buying Discount Tires warranty, so they will re-mount and re-balance either of the two sets of tires, whenever I want them to.
Don't want to start another long thread about the merits of all season tires. I just don't get people who configure their cars with all the advanced handling options and cripple them with sub par tires?
I am not planning on taking my car to the track, or drive 100 mph, in which case ultra high performance all-season tires are a great trade-off for me and I am sure many people in northeast or a similar climates. Besides the Conti's DWS which I have on now, handle much better than Dunlops DSST performance tires.
Are the ultra high performance all seasons that have been mentioned here only available as non run flats? If so, are you planning to carry a spare? Carry a repair kit / portable air pump?

Any thoughts on whether the manufcaturers will bring out run flat versions for the F30?

I saw an announcement not too long ago on a Goodyear UHP AS tire being demoed on wet roads in Seattle. The tires were on a 3 series, which I found ironic as I cannot find any indication they come in a run flat version.

Thanks
Bruce
All seasons are better than summer tires in winter, sure, but are crap compared to true winter tires. would be worth thinking about winter tires.
I only own one car, so I don't really have a choice but to put A/S tires on it for the cold months. In sub 40 degree F temperatures, a A/S tire is going to perform better than a summer tire.

I am buying Discount Tires warranty, so they will re-mount and re-balance either of the two sets of tires, whenever I want them to.
In the storage well under the trunk floor, I have:

• Snap-On 870116 21-Inch Trunk Organizer and Tool Carrier
  • VIAIR 85P Portable Air Compressor
  • Slime 10011
  • Dynaplug 1007

I have never had to use the Slime or Dynaplug, but they are there just in case.

It just doesn't snow here enough. Most of the time, any snow that is not in the shade, melts within 24 hours.
All seasons are better than summer tires in winter, sure, but are crap compared to true winter tires. would be worth thinking about winter tires.
Thank you

• Slime 10011
  • Dynaplug 1007

I have never had to use the Slime or Dynaplug, but they are there just in case.
Is there a SLIME that don't foul the TPMS sensor?

ContiComfot Kit won't, but it's not SLIME. Some kinda alternate goo.

• Slime 10011
  • Dynaplug 1007
Slime 10011 is described as:

• Cleans up easily with water
  • Lasts up to 2 years. Safe for TPMS.
Is there a SLIME that don't foul the TPMS sensor?

ContiComfot Kit won't, but it's not SLIME. Some kinda alternate goo.
Outstanding!

Yellow Hand
Slime 10011 is described as:

• Cleans up easily with water
  • Lasts up to 2 years. Safe for TPMS.
It appears ZAS is no longer an option for Msport vehicle. This option was automatically deleted from my build.
It may have changed but, the July 2012 335i spec sheet has the 840 increased speed limiter option as standard equipment with either choice of ZAS (A/S) or ZPT (Summer performance) tires.

You can get the ZAS or the ZPT tires with 2PP 18" style 400M square, 2PE 18" style 400M mixed, or 2PF 19" style 403M mixed wheels.

Any combination of tires and wheels will get the increased speed limiter option 840 with the exception of option 2PP. This is the only option that will delete 840. So you can get A/S tires with 840 provided it is not mixed with 2PP.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.