BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, my M2 is sitting in storage right now with 4400 km on the clock. It had 2 oil changes done. 1 by the dealer as per the break in service and the other one was done by me just before storing the car for the winter :) I just pulled and changed the oil filter on the vehicle as my ECS Aluminum filter cap finally came in. I let the oil filter settle for awhile in the plastic oil filter cap and checked the bottoms. There's some shiny stuff as seen from the pic. I also cut opened my filter as well and found a few tiny particles. I didn't take a picture of my filters as the particles are so small and far in between it doesn't show up in the pictures.

Not really concerned as I've seen this in every car I've owned. My infiniti has 184,000 km on the clock and I've seen the exact same thing and done a blackstone analysis and came back with nothing. But given that this is my first BMW/new car I'm slightly intrigued. Just curious on what everyone else is finding in their filters and if mine is in the ball park of typical BMW shinny stuff? LOL Thanks in advance! :eeps:

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts