BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Smuggled into the 'Fest
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, the FI forums are always quiet, so I figured I'd post the parts needed to build a 330ish WHP M20B25. This is less of a build thread and more of a BMW cooking show. Anyway, the total should range from about $3300 to $5000 with optional parts listed. I've done every calculation in the book, and that's part of what sets this apart from most FI builds, it will spool faster, etc.

As for the actual parts, please hold until I get home. :rofl:

·
Smuggled into the 'Fest
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Ok, here goes. Remember that big ticket items can be negotiable, even at the retail level. The listed prices however, are listed prices. Without the extra goodies, this build is somewhat sketchy,so if you don't upgrade, prepare for a world of blown headgaskets. Even with all optional parts, this gets CLOSE to bulletproof. I also decided to make some parts required rather than optional, so the price has risen from last post. The parts are for an M20B25, however the cars sporting these motors may need extra modifications to fit these parts (IE: I'm going to have to relocate my battery). You WILL need a tougher clutch and bigger exhaust, not part of this build. Neither are small parts such as hosing, flanges, etc.
NO TAX, NO SHIPPING. Enjoy.

Required
OBX SUS Turbo Header Manifold-
$176​
Garrett GT28RS Ball Bearing Turbo-
$1062​
TiAL Q Blow Off Valve-
$235​
MegaSquirtPNP G2 B8793-
$800​
Frozenboost(.com) Type 7 Intercooler-
$100​
ARP Head Studs-
$225​
Griffin Radiator 1-26182-XS-
$174​
Griffin Radiator Cap KM65-
$20​
Derale Fan Controller 16720-
$38​
Derale Dual Shrouded Rad Fans 16928-
$240​
Tuning-
$+/300​
EBC Electronic Boost Control Solenoid Kit-
$47​
Total- $3416
This is somewhat reliable, should see you at 330 rwhp (all in how you gamble w/ pressure) and still has fancy stuff like CanBus, 2-step, etc.

Extra Goodies
DEI Exhaust Wrap Kit-
$29​
272° IE Billet Camshaft-
$325​
IE HD Rocker Arm-
$300​
ACI 99300 Windshield Washer Pump-
$19​
Nevlock Performance H-Beam Rods-
$680​
VAC MLS Headgaskets-
$250​
I don't see why you would opt out on these other than budget. They all improve reliability under boost, all but the rocker arms allow you to turn up the boost and the cams improve power by their self as well as more boost. With these parts you should see at least 350 rwhp reliably. Total for all parts is $5016.

·
Smuggled into the 'Fest
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I just exited out of the browser without posting, here's about what I posted.
I'm going to start using this thread to log all parts for the build. Any questions for the prices, ask.

Turbo - $3385
The Turbo Parts List
- Manifold (I'm making my own)
+ Camshaft
+ Intercooler sprayer

Wheels/Tires - $1550
TSW Beyern Spartan
(Note to self: 17x9 in, 5x120mm, 20mm offset, 74.1 hub bore)
Goodyear Eagles
Hubcentric Rings
Brakes - $750
Wilwood Dynalite
Hawk Pads
OE Slotted Rotors

Suspension - $1480
K-Sport Kontrol Pro
Turner Sway Bars

Drivetrain - $550
Clutchmasters FX-250

Exhaust - $580
Various Pipes/Elbows
Flowmaster Deltaflow 50
Magnaflow Cat
50ft of Exhaust Wrap

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok, here goes. Remember that big ticket items can be negotiable, even at the retail level. The listed prices however, are listed prices. Without the extra goodies, this build is somewhat sketchy,so if you don't upgrade, prepare for a world of blown headgaskets. Even with all optional parts, this gets CLOSE to bulletproof. I also decided to make some parts required rather than optional, so the price has risen from last post. The parts are for an M20B25, however the cars sporting these motors may need extra modifications to fit these parts (IE: I'm going to have to relocate my battery). You WILL need a tougher clutch and bigger exhaust, not part of this build. Neither are small parts such as hosing, flanges, etc.
NO TAX, NO SHIPPING. Enjoy.

Required
OBX SUS Turbo Header Manifold-
$176​
Garrett GT28RS Ball Bearing Turbo-
$1062​
TiAL Q Blow Off Valve-
$235​
MegaSquirtPNP G2 B8793-
$800​
Frozenboost(.com) Type 7 Intercooler-
$100​
ARP Head Studs-
$225​
Griffin Radiator 1-26182-XS-
$174​
Griffin Radiator Cap KM65-
$20​
Derale Fan Controller 16720-
$38​
Derale Dual Shrouded Rad Fans 16928-
$240​
Tuning-
$+/300​
EBC Electronic Boost Control Solenoid Kit-
$47​
Total- $3416
This is somewhat reliable, should see you at 330 rwhp (all in how you gamble w/ pressure) and still has fancy stuff like CanBus, 2-step, etc.

Extra Goodies
DEI Exhaust Wrap Kit-
$29​
272° IE Billet Camshaft-
$325​
IE HD Rocker Arm-
$300​
ACI 99300 Windshield Washer Pump-
$19​
Nevlock Performance H-Beam Rods-
$680​
VAC MLS Headgaskets-
$250​
I don't see why you would opt out on these other than budget. They all improve reliability under boost, all but the rocker arms allow you to turn up the boost and the cams improve power by their self as well as more boost. With these parts you should see at least 350 rwhp reliably. Total for all parts is $5016.
hello and sorry for late post but you forgot the sensors like the afr,tps,and iat sensors that not come with the megasquirt pnp2

1 - 4 of 4 Posts