BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a slightly (3500m) used 2002 carbon black M3 convertible with loads of Schnitzer upgrades. I have the same rims as the bimmer in the pic from Bimmerfest Showroom->330 AC Schnitzer but prefer the rims in the pic from Great pic from other M3 board on this forum. When I told the dealers this they cringe and think I am crazy for wanting to change the wheels. I would appreciate any input- price of the two different rims, thoughts on which are better, how to go about exchanging, etc?

Also, I have short shift with the Schnitzer knob and want the standard M3 knob, does anyone know if the standard knob will fit on the Schnitzer short shift stick? Same with the pedals, I’ve got Schnitzer racing pedals and would prefer stock.

Last question, something is squeaking like crazy in the back seat, possibly the head rests?? Not sure but it is driving me nuts, anyone have suggestions?

Thanks,
Samantha :D

20,210 Posts
The "Great pic" is a pic of the BMW OEM 19" wheels. To buy them new will cost you about $2700 from evosport.com.

I'm not sure what you could sell the ACS wheels for--perhaps Clem (moderator) would know--he's got lots of ACS goodies too.

I am pretty sure that you CAN use an OEM knob on the ss kit.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Samantha said:
Last question, something is squeaking like crazy in the back seat, possibly the head rests?? Not sure but it is driving me nuts, anyone have suggestions?
Convertible tops squeak like crazy...buy some Gummiephledge (sp?) from a BMW dealer to use on the seals to cut the noise down :D

·
Gone Motoring!
2,025 Posts
atyclb said:

Could be--the car was originally bought at Cutter by a guy who also bought a Z8, M5, and MB CL600.

He traded in the M3 for a 996tt :yikes: :yikes:
damn, the 996TT is my dream car... rode in one at TWS with an instructor, sweet car!

--Andrew

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, I'm impressed :thumb: That sure is my car! Where did you find those pics of it? I can confirm the story about the previous owner... he sold this M3 back to cutter to pick up the Porsche... it was perfect for me, a practically new M3 with lots of perks, no waiting for arrival, and a bunch of taxes already paid. I just wonder if he knows that a 23 year old girl is driving his car now, I'm sure he'll be upset!

20,210 Posts
Samantha said:
Wow, I'm impressed :thumb: That sure is my car! Where did you find those pics of it?
He's a poster on Roadfly (Orangemarlin)--usually hangs out at the Z8 board. He posted the pics a while ago, and I saved 'em 'cause it was unique.

I also knew he bought it at Cutter and noticed that you were in SB, so I made the connection.

·
A sudden sense of liberty
3,939 Posts
Re: Re: M3 accessory questions

nate328Ci said:

Convertible tops squeak like crazy...buy some Gummiephledge (sp?) from a BMW dealer to use on the seals to cut the noise down :D
Gummi Pflege (or, as my dealer says, Gummy Pledge). Comes in what looks like a hair gel tube. Stuff works like a charm. It can get the tops of your windows a bit greasy, but it really does cut down on the squeaky noises the window seals make when going over bumps. It's supposed to work well on hoses and other seals, too.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Damn girl, your 23 and you own a m3, I thought I was lucky. Thats dope. Got any pics of yourself, hope I dont sound to wierd. Im not an old man or anything, im curious 18 year old. Btw, there is an m3 meet this sunday at 11am at Gladstones on PCH. Let me know if your interested. Another m3 owner who is a woman is attending. She has a black convertable with the 19 inch oem rims your like. Perhaps it would be a good opportunity for us to see your car in person and also for you to see the 19 inch rims in person. I have silver with the 19 inch rims.

Thanks for your time

1 - 14 of 14 Posts