Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
Question for you. Is a M3 a daily driver? The reason I ask i started looking at the 330ci, but I'm now falling in love with the M3. This would be my only car so is there any problems you guys would see? How about in the winter, I live in NY?
I would appreciate any help you could give me. Thanks
Brian

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
M3 is my daily driver, and has been since I drove it from the dealership. No problems at all. Almost perfect combination of street car and one that can be tracked from time to time without substantial mods. A little expensive to drive ( calculate total cost per mile at between $.80 - $.90) but hey, if you can afford a $55K car.....

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Don't worry about the winter, the M3 is actually better in the snow than the standard E46's because it has the M-Differential. Throw on some 225/45/17 or 225/50/17 winter tires and you're set. :thumbup:

·
Registered
528 Posts
get the m3 and call in sick or work from home when it snows. That's the best defensive driving i know of. Cuz half of the time it's not u the other people on the road that scares me.

my 2 cents.

raja

·
Registered
17 Posts
SGSMGM3 said:
Don't know about New York, but over here in Cali, I have no problem driving my M3 everyday.
its actually not that bad... I dont own an M3 yet, but i had my friends car for the weekend.. I was surprised at how smooth it was over rough roads, i expected worst... its not that bad but i admit being a little tired by the end of the day, maybe because im not use to driving around in a true sports car..

·
Registered
122 Posts
My M3 cab is my daily driver and aside from a lack of trunk space for visits to Home Depot (that's what SUVs are for!), it's a very practical only car. Did I mention it's a BLAST to drive :D ?

Bonus: wife likes soft riding cars, so now NEVER asks to borrow the Bimmer!

·
Where am I?
963 Posts
Drive mine every day. My E36 was a bit harsher of a ride, actually. When I told my wife I was getting another M3 she was like "oh no!" But the ride is actually pretty damn good considering the way you can toss it around a corner. Definitely more firm than a 330 w/SP, but still very forgiving. In some ways, it almost feels too good — meaning that you wonder how sporty it really is... until (like I said), you take a nice fast on/offramp, etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts