Bimmerfest BMW banner

141 - 155 of 155 Posts

·
Stuck in Monday
2,766 Posts
TGray,

Congrats on the forthcoming M. Perfect configuration in my opinion. I saw fox red extended for the first time in a long time this weekend, and it looked much better than I originally remembered. I really liked it. I'm very jealous of your ED -- wish I had the time for such vacations.

·
Been there, Done that.
5,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Congrats! :) I'll hopefully be joining the party very soon. :D

Now, How are you doing with the waiting? lol.

·
Ultimate Driving Machine
2,208 Posts
Thanks TLud and HotIce. Ya, thought after I made up my mind I could get the obsession out of my mind for awhile ;-) but nooo...hahaha.

·
Registered
37 Posts
With only one payment left on my 550i, I just leased a 2010 M3, Jerez Black w/ Fox Red. MSRP is $71,375, got it down to $65,155. Worked out a 36 month lease, 15K per year. Even got the dealer to pick up the last lease payment on my 550i outright, not building it into the new deal. I'm stoked, now I better go out and get a Valentine!

Picked up a lot of great info on this thread, thanks everyone. :)

·
Ultimate Driving Machine
2,208 Posts
With only one payment left on my 550i, I just leased a 2010 M3, Jerez Black w/ Fox Red. MSRP is $71,375, got it down to $65,155. Worked out a 36 month lease, 15K per year. Even got the dealer to pick up the last lease payment on my 550i outright, not building it into the new deal. I'm stoked, now I better go out and get a Valentine!

Picked up a lot of great info on this thread, thanks everyone. :)
That sounds like a good deal! Did you get DCT? If so, how do you like it?

·
Registered
37 Posts
No DCT, I've had the Sport Auto on my 550i and never liked the paddle shifters. Plus, this will be a year-round drive for me, I'll buy 18's and snows in November. I figure the 6MT will be more fun anyway.

Jerez Black
Fox Red Leather
Cold Weather
Premium Package
Tech Package
19" wheels
Anti-theft
iPod / USB Adapter
Enhanced Premium Sound
Sat Radio
Sycamore Anthracite trim

I would have preferred Carbon Fiber Trim and Back-up sensors, but with the deal I got, I'll manage.

·
Stuck in Monday
2,766 Posts
I would have preferred Carbon Fiber Trim and Back-up sensors, but with the deal I got, I'll manage.
Trim is easy to swap out and there are several solutions for a back-up camera.

·
Ultimate Driving Machine
2,208 Posts
Trim is easy to swap out and there are several solutions for a back-up camera.
Yeap. I purposely didn't order the PDC because the visibility in the e9x is so good and the car is small and because I got tired of it beeping every time I started my 545i in the garage.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks TLud and HotIce. Ya, thought after I made up my mind I could get the obsession out of my mind for awhile ;-) but nooo...hahaha.
Well another one bites the dust. I ordered my M3 today. Now I get to join you in the wait. Thanks for everyone's input as it helped quite a lot.

The plan is for a April production and June delivery. I didn't go ED as the timing wasn't good plus in Canada there are NO discounts for ED.

2011 E93 M3 Cabriolet with DCT
Azurite Black Met
Fox Red Novillo (not extended too much Red for me)
Piano Finish Black Trim
19" M Wheels Style 220M
Technology Package (MDrive, Nav, EDC, Comfort Access)
Executive Package (Premium Audio,PDC, Garage opener, Satellite Radio, Folding mirrors)
Cold Weather Package (standard on Canadian M3)
Other Canadian Standard stuff like Bluetooth, Ipod, Smart Phone, Alarm,...

·
Ultimate Driving Machine
2,208 Posts
Well another one bites the dust. I ordered my M3 today. Now I get to join you in the wait. Thanks for everyone's input as it helped quite a lot.

The plan is for a April production and June delivery. I didn't go ED as the timing wasn't good plus in Canada there are NO discounts for ED.

2011 E93 M3 Cabriolet with DCT
Azurite Black Met
Fox Red Novillo (not extended too much Red for me)
Piano Finish Black Trim
19" M Wheels Style 220M
Technology Package (MDrive, Nav, EDC, Comfort Access)
Executive Package (Premium Audio,PDC, Garage opener, Satellite Radio, Folding mirrors)
Cold Weather Package (standard on Canadian M3)
Other Canadian Standard stuff like Bluetooth, Ipod, Smart Phone, Alarm,...
Congrats! Didn't realize Canada got different colors and options than we do. Do you have a picture of Azurite? Is it similar to Jerez Black?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Congrats! Didn't realize Canada got different colors and options than we do. Do you have a picture of Azurite? Is it similar to Jerez Black?
The Azurite is an Individual Colour. We have better access to these colors and this is the only place our costs are less than the US pricing. Azurite like most of the Individual met colors looks very different in different light. Jerez is not as rich of a blue in the the bright sun, Azurite picks up a Cobalt like blue but much richer. I really wanted to create somewhat of a more unique M3 and there really is not a lot of Azurite out there yet as it is a relatively new Individual color. As well, I really wanted the Piano Finish Black with Inlay Trim and you can only get it with the Individual Color. Because of the brilliant piano black, the only issue is you do need to wipe it down/clean it more often but IMO it is the best trim next would be the CF of which I do like a lot but again it is out there in quite a few M3s. Here are some pictures.

Attachments

·
Ultimate Driving Machine
2,208 Posts
The Azurite is an Individual Colour. We have better access to these colors and this is the only place our costs are less than the US pricing. Azurite like most of the Individual met colors looks very different in different light. Jerez is not as rich of a blue in the the bright sun, Azurite picks up a Cobalt like blue but much richer. I really wanted to create somewhat of a more unique M3 and there really is not a lot of Azurite out there yet as it is a relatively new Individual color. As well, I really wanted the Piano Finish Black with Inlay Trim and you can only get it with the Individual Color. Because of the brilliant piano black, the only issue is you do need to wipe it down/clean it more often but IMO it is the best trim next would be the CF of which I do like a lot but again it is out there in quite a few M3s. Here are some pictures.
Very nice!!! :thumbs::thumbs:

·
Stuck in Monday
2,766 Posts
It is, but more blue and more metallic flake. It is absolutely gorgeous.

141 - 155 of 155 Posts