BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm seriously considering putting a new set of 19" M3 Competition Package wheels on my 2004 300i. Anybody know of a reason why I shouldn't do this?

·
Dragon Slayer
353 Posts
A friend of mine put CSL replicas on his E46 coupe and they fit fine, dunno about sedan fitment.

They'll make your car slower.

·
Registered
410 Posts
mjames said:
A friend of mine put CSL replicas on his E46 coupe and they fit fine, dunno about sedan fitment.

They'll make your car slower.
Replicas are different, they have the correct offset, what you see in my sig are CSL reps 19" with 265/30R19 in the rear but the offset is 45

OEM CSL wheels the offset in the rear is in the 20's I forget the exact number, but its way to aggressive for a non M coupe or sedan.

Now if he is getting reps the only draw back is that yes you will be slower. Its one of the reasons I got rid of mine to make way for a pair of nice and light BBS RC's

·
Registered
395 Posts
What about 2 sets of front wheels? That would eliminate the rear offset problem. ...on second thought, the replicas are probably the way to go. unless you know of 2 different selllers willing to break up the sets. :dunno:

·
Registered
410 Posts
bimmere46 said:
What about 2 sets of front wheels? That would eliminate the rear offset problem. ...on second thought, the replicas are probably the way to go. unless you know of 2 different selllers willing to break up the sets. :dunno:
2 front sets would work, but you are better off going for the reps because 2 fronts wont look as nice you wont get that staggard rear look and it will be harder to find

·
1.888.JLEVISW
3,247 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts