BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

M3 CSL review from Autocar

1733 34

I like it :bigpimp:

When a car comes from the factory with Michelin competition tires, you know it's serious :yikes:
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
and no radio :yikes:
nate328Ci said:

I like it :bigpimp:

When a car comes from the factory with Michelin competition tires, you know it's serious :yikes:
I love that steering wheel..!
Re: Re: M3 CSL review from Autocar

atyclb said:

and no radio :yikes:
A car like this doesn't need a radio :bigpimp:
G
Re: Re: Re: M3 CSL review from Autocar

nate328Ci said:

A car like this doesn't need a radio :bigpimp:
Just like many of the '95 M3 LTWs had aftermarket stereos installed, I predict this car will as well.
Re: Re: Re: Re: M3 CSL review from Autocar

TD said:

Just like many of the '95 M3 LTWs had aftermarket stereos installed, I predict this car will as well.
I bet at least as many will have the A/C REMOVED ;)
4.2sec 0-60 that's F360 fast. I guess there are more rooms for the already stretched 3.2L, can I borrow $85K?
I must say that I'm too much of a wimp to want any car that doesn't have A/C. :p
45,000 British Pounds = $70,699.50 at todays conversion rate.

You suppose they come with free carbon fibre mats, or continuing with the tradition will you have to biatch about those, too?
:lmao: :lmao:

$70K isn't bad. I'd take this over the 911, at least for the track :thumbup:
IndyMike said:

You suppose they come with free carbon fibre mats, or continuing with the tradition will you have to biatch about those, too?
yes, but the base E46 M3 coupe over there is 39,340 Pounds= $62,000.

A similarly equipped M3 coupe here (they get more standard) would go for around $52,000.

Thus, the CSL may be closer to $60000.
IndyMike said:
yahoo!!!!!

now that's the car we're talking about, buddy.

didn't take the time to read the small print other than the specs.

did they include a 'ring time?

that car rocks. truly.

would be strange if it comes over to the US priced at more than a 911, though.

i'm looking at 68large right now and a very easy to get car.

versus 65k plus markup plus highly constrained demand?
Re: yahoo!!!!!

blackdawg said:

did they include a 'ring time?
I think the next issue of BMWCAR will have a 'ring test. The concept is supposed to be 30 seconds faster than the standard M3 (which is VERY fast at 8:22) :yikes:

I'll bet this one could turn an 8 minute time :yikes: You have to assume that BMW was shooting for a sub-8 :thumbup:
G
Re: Re: yahoo!!!!!

nate328Ci said:

I think the next issue of BMWCAR will have a 'ring test. The concept is supposed to be 30 seconds faster than the standard M3 (which is VERY fast at 8:22) :yikes:

I'll bet this one could turn an 8 minute time :yikes: You have to assume that BMW was shooting for a sub-8 :thumbup:
I've read it did turn an 8 minute Ring time, beating the regular M3 by 30 seconds.
Re: Re: Re: yahoo!!!!!

TD said:

I've read it did turn an 8 minute Ring time, beating the regular M3 by 30 seconds.
I don't think they've officially run one. I believe the (sub)8 minute time was a theoretical one.

8:22 is definitely the M3's time around
Re: Re: Re: yahoo!!!!!

TD said:

Yep, did the 'Ring in just under 8 minutes.

Hella impressive for a ~$65,000 car if you ask me. But then again, with the limited availability you'll probably be looking at $15,000 mark ups everywhere except Cutter Motors.

Hey Jooooooooooooooooooooooooooon!
I'd also like them to test the CSL around the 'ring against an E46 M3 with the exact sime wheels and tires for a more accurate comparo.
G
Re: Re: Re: Re: yahoo!!!!!

The HACK said:

Yep, did the 'Ring in just under 8 minutes.

Hella impressive for a ~$65,000 car if you ask me. But then again, with the limited availability you'll probably be looking at $15,000 mark ups everywhere except Cutter Motors.

Hey Jooooooooooooooooooooooooooon!
So is it quasi-confirmed to be ~$65K pre markup?

At that price, I'd still have a hard time picking it over a 911.
Do we have any idea of MSRP on these? I bet I could switch my order from an //M3 to a CSL.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.