BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just bought a 1998 Z3 M Roadster in the estella (?) blue which we understand is an "M only" color. It also has the optional hard top. does anyone know how many of these were made in this color and specifically, how many have the optional hard top? thanks for any info.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Welcome to Bimmerfest !

AFAIK, BMW didn't release production numbers by color, etc. Some have tried to get some info via VIN numbers. The search function works pretty well on this site. You might try that .

One more thing, since you asked, I think the correct spelling of your color is Estoril. You can check the strut tower under the hood. It should have the color code and name.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alas, this file appears to only have cars from 2006 on...Mine are 1998 and 2000. Still looking for info on how many of the 1998-2002 M roadsters had a hard top option! Thanks for the spelling of the color!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
No numbers on hard top option....that are worth anything as so many people have sold or bought hard tops....

·
Calvinball Professional
1,104 Posts
Alas, this file appears to only have cars from 2006 on...Mine are 1998 and 2000. Still looking for info on how many of the 1998-2002 M roadsters had a hard top option! Thanks for the spelling of the color!
If I remember correctly, the Z3 hardtop was a dealer option/accessory, although the car could be ordered with hardtop "prep" from the factory. I know several people who added hardtops after the fact. So as far as rarity goes, it's pretty irrelevant since you could buy one (used) and add it today if you didn't have one already.

The color is named after the Autódromo do Estoril in Portugal. Several of the M colors are named after racetracks.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Just to let you know...there is at least one other Estoril blue M Roaster with the hardtop option. Here is a pix of my '99.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.