BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad:
After my 2010 M3 powered down on the highway I had it taken to my dealership by flatbed where they kept it for 24 days and used a quarter tank of gas, or roughly 100kms. Anyone else experience this kind of "service"? They're not certain that the problem has been fixed either, although they replaced the vacuum pump. I asked to be included on diagnostic test drives, but never heard from them when these were taking place.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes, 2011 e92 M3 knocking at startup, in for service multiple (21+ days) times. Eventually BMW replaced motor under warranty.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yeah.....M3 oil service.....got car back with oil level 1 quart low.....when asked about this to the service manager, he suggested that I go to the parts counter and purchase a quart and he would put it in for me.....WTF!!!...

·
Registered
53 Posts
As far as using the gas, many times they will need to drive the car to help fix it.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I get that they have to drive it to test the repair, but 100kms? Has anyone ever heard of such a long test drive? They replaced the vacuum pump, lines and sensors, which I understand can be common for the 335i, but do they drive 335is for 100km test drives. How can the mechanics have that much time to drive the cars? Rolfjahn, good to know that they will replace an entire engine if required!

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you are unhappy call BMW North America.
They are very pro customer, especially if you have owned more than one.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I get that they have to drive it to test the repair, but 100kms? Has anyone ever heard of such a long test drive? They replaced the vacuum pump, lines and sensors, which I understand can be common for the 335i, but do they drive 335is for 100km test drives. How can the mechanics have that much time to drive the cars? Rolfjahn, good to know that they will replace an entire engine if required!
Agree with you, that is unacceptable, looks like someone at the dealer had a good time driving your car around

1 - 7 of 7 Posts