BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you go somewhere and valet park is the ONLY option, will these people be able to drive it? or can you insist on parking it yourself??
Has anyone had experience with this kind of a situation?

Thanx,
Max

20,210 Posts
Max said:
If you go somewhere and valet park is the ONLY option, will these people be able to drive it? or can you insist on parking it yourself??

Thanx,
Max
some people have printed out laminated cards like the tag the car came with. Others have simply parked for themselves with no problems.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would insist on parking it myself.
I'd tell them the tranny is an SMG and your not about to have to give the Valet a course in how to use it.

I once seen how valets drive cars for an evening at a function.
Ever since then, I wouldn't let them touch my car with a pole...:tsk:

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I had to give a crash-course on E65 slush-box to 5(!) valets at a hotel we were staying in. It was "fun" :) Otherwse...it's just a car. You've bought it to enjoy it, so enjoy :)

·
Registered
528 Posts
rost12 said:
I had to give a crash-course on E65 slush-box to 5(!) valets at a hotel we were staying in. It was "fun" :) Otherwse...it's just a car. You've bought it to enjoy it, so enjoy :)
yes, you have bought it to enjoy it not the valet person. They totally abuse cars and you wouldn't want to be stuck with having engine problems due to valet driver took it out for a spin.

raja

·
2,457 Posts
Max said:

Thanx,
Max
Funny you mention this now. There's an article in the current Roundel magazine (just got it a couple of days ago). It's about a new couple's experience withe thir new SMGII M3. They said that they would not in any way feel comforatble with leaving the car with a valet, seeing the learning curve they went through when they first drove the car. It's a pretty good article...

·
Gone Motoring!
2,025 Posts
Max said:

Thanx,
Max
i usually just pay them (with a big tip too), and kindly ask if I could park myself. (i don't have and M3 tho, but that's what i do)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts