BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the 335I, Seems like most replace the main subframe bushings but not the others. I count 7 other bushings on the subframe but none of the kits address them. Do most leave those in place?

Most upgrade kits do not include the Front Strut Tower Brace Kit. How important is upgrading this to overall improvement?

Some kits do not include sway bars. Is this a critical component to upgrade?

Does it make sense to replace the trailing arms if you are only going to replace to stock. I don't see this as a performance part, so looks like a possible place to save money.

Attachments

·
Banned
10,015 Posts
For the 335I, Seems like most replace the main subframe bushings but not the others. I count 7 other bushings on the subframe but none of the kits address them. Do most leave those in place?

Yes - there's benefit to replacing the others - but far less than the 4 main bushings.

Most upgrade kits do not include the Front Strut Tower Brace Kit. How important is upgrading this to overall improvement?

Not major. Can't quantify better than that.

Some kits do not include sway bars. Is this a critical component to upgrade?

Front - real improvement
Rear - real improvement if have LSD - avoid if not. Some delete the sway by going to high rate springs, maybe 850 lb.

Does it make sense to replace the trailing arms if you are only going to replace to stock. I don't see this as a performance part, so looks like a possible place to save money.

Don't bother to replace.
DO look at installing M3 camber arms for which you'll have to fab a piece for the leveling arm and prob need a longer toe arm.

·
Registered
8,080 Posts
Sway bars should be touched LAST. They should never be changed until you at least do struts/shocks/springs or coilovers.

The brace helps some but I'd rather do suspension bushings before doing the brace.

I wouldn't replace the trailing arm itself, just the bushings

1 - 3 of 3 Posts