BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What options do I have for using an Apple iPod (3rd Gen or Mini) with my '05 M3 w/Nav?

Thanks,
Rourke

·
Registered
555 Posts
Just get the auxiliary connector from BMW for about $40. It installs in the glovebox and the iPod plugs into it. The selections won't show on the nav screen...you'll still control everthing through the iPod. I think BMW makes another special connector ($120, I think) that puts all the info on the nav screen.

·
Pastafarian Extraordinair
2,347 Posts
Jim in Oregon said:
Just get the auxiliary connector from BMW for about $40. It installs in the glovebox and the iPod plugs into it. The selections won't show on the nav screen...you'll still control everthing through the iPod. I think BMW makes another special connector ($120, I think) that puts all the info on the nav screen.
I would get the DensionIce instead of the BMW connector. The DensionIce support Tags and will show the song info on your display, the BMW connector will not (it only shows Track1, Track2, etc.). Also, with the Dension model you can browse and listen to all of your playlists while with the BMW one you are stuck to either listening to the 5 dedicated playlists you created or to the whole iPod library.

Hope this helps,
Arkady

·
Registered
8,180 Posts
Jim in Oregon said:
The OEM iPod adapter is not compatible with Nav... :confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts