BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Daddy-O
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Dealers (and others),

Are there already waiting lists for the new M3? If so, how long are they?

Also, any ideas about how much over MSRP these will go for when released?

(I posted a similar question on the M3 board but haven't heard anything yet.)

Thanx,
Max

·
Daddy-O
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Magoon said:
Probably.

And while you're at it, can you predict the next Powerball winners?
Yeah, I know. Hard to say. But I do know someone who paid $10K over for the first year run of the e46 version. I'm guessing it could be similar if the car is a big hit (like it will be).

BTW - someone did reply that dealers are taking deposits, but I'm not sure that MRSP is guaranteed or if it's "fair market value".

·
BMW-addicted
1,335 Posts
2b9m3w said:
Yeah, I know. Hard to say. But I do know someone who paid $10K over for the first year run of the e46 version. I'm guessing it could be similar if the car is a big hit (like it will be).

BTW - someone did reply that dealers are taking deposits, but I'm not sure that MRSP is guaranteed or if it's "fair market value".
Ask Adrian!

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
2b9m3w said:

Talk to your dealer. My dealer will take a $500 deposit which gets you a slot on the waiting list. When their allocations come in and your name is up they call you to take your order at full MSRP...not a penny more, not a penny less. If you don't want to order then you get your deposit back (without interest of course). Very fair process in my opinion.

·
Daddy-O
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jetstream23 said:
Talk to your dealer. My dealer will take a $500 deposit which gets you a slot on the waiting list. When their allocations come in and your name is up they call you to take your order at full MSRP...not a penny more, not a penny less. If you don't want to order then you get your deposit back (without interest of course). Very fair process in my opinion.
Thanks JetStream. Sounds fair to me too.

BTW - I have an '03 330 ZHP (like yours but older). I love it, but want more power. How do you feel about yours?

Max

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
2b9m3w said:
Thanks JetStream. Sounds fair to me too.

BTW - I have an '03 330 ZHP (like yours but older). I love it, but want more power. How do you feel about yours?

Max
Love my car. I think after a couple of years we all yearn for a little more but this is the best car I've ever owned....simply a joy to drive. BMW really got it right with the mix of control and comfort. The suspension is incredible but it does not drive harsh at all....it is almost magic. Hopefully I won't do anything stupid like trade it in or sell it on a whim when I spot the next vehicle I want.

·
Registered
726 Posts
jetstream23 said:
Our process is the same, other than the fact that the deposit is $1000.00

We have at last count I think low 20's for spots occupied. If tradition follows, the person who is number 20 today will receive a vehicle earlier than our 20th allocation, as there will always be folks that change directions, or for whom the timing is not right when their slot comes up......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts