BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Extended Euro Delivery
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is that carbon fiber brace in the engine compartment functional or is it cosmetic?

I was looking around online and found a '15 M4 missing it. So many red flags are popping up, starting with it being a used car lot and the price is WAY over MSRP...

I'm still going to order mine new, but this just piqued my interest because of the oddity of this CF brace missing.

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
BMW stated in their M3/M4 technical documentation that the CF brace is functional. And obviously not an option like this used M4 seems to imply.

Is that carbon fiber brace in the engine compartment functional or is it cosmetic?

I was looking around online and found a '15 M4 missing it. So many red flags are popping up, starting with it being a used car lot and the price is WAY over MSRP...

I'm still going to order mine new, but this just piqued my interest because of the oddity of this CF brace missing.

·
Worlds Foremost Authority
15,956 Posts
It is real carbon fiber it is functional and it is standard on all M3/4s.

·
Extended Euro Delivery
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Weird, I think it's an auction car, the dealer didn't even know about it when I asked why it was missing.

Main reason it caught my attention was that it was Fire Orange.....too bad there's something fishy about the whole thing.

I typed this up on my Smartphone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
289 Posts
There is a really good F80-f-82 Tech Guide (I don't have the link) available which explains all the differences between F80 - F-82 and F30 series.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts