Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone
The driver and passenger seats moving mechanism made a big mess,I now have two broken sun visors and last year while moving the passenger seat and being careful not to break the visor even more, the seat went all the way to the wind shield and cracked it.
I really can't understand how that happened, a Mercedes seat is automatically lowered before moving forward and then stopping at the right point without making any damages.
I know with extra care nothing of that would have happened, but for an automated movement that isn't controlled by sensors, in my opinion is a manufacturers defect.
For the past year I've sent many emails to BMW and tried contacting them on social media, but couldn't get any reply.
Am wondering is it my mistake or do I have the right to ask for it fixed.
I would really appreciate it if someone could help me get in contact with the right people to try and fix the problem.
Thank you

·
Registered
157 Posts
Not alone

You are not alone on this problem. I remember reading years ago someone doing the same thing. The first time BMW covered it under warranty but not the second time this person did it. After reading this event, I'm very careful when moving my seats to extremes.

·
Vendor
8,176 Posts
How the seat can be moving to the extreme position (both bottom and back rest) without manual intervention or memory setting?

·
Registered
157 Posts
I don't think there is anyway it can move to the extremes anyway other than just holding the movement button and not paying attention. I think the problem is you are watching to see how much rear room develops and not watching the front headrest. I can see this happening once until you see what the unfortunate outcome may be.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How the seat can be moving to the extreme position (both bottom and back rest) without manual intervention or memory setting?
If you keep pressing the button it will continue moving forward, as I said I should be more careful but didn't thought it will go all the way to the wind shield and crack it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't think there is anyway it can move to the extremes anyway other than just holding the movement button and not paying attention. I think the problem is you are watching to see how much rear room develops and not watching the front headrest. I can see this happening once until you see what the unfortunate outcome may be.
A friend was going to sit in the back seat and I wanted to give him as much space as possible, but again why should it go all the way to the wind shield it must be automatically stopped at some point.
I've checked the new 8 series and the seat is automatically lowered before moving forward, that tells me they acknowledged the problem and fixed it

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,223 Posts
For the past year I've sent many emails to BMW and tried contacting them on social media, but couldn't get any reply.
Am wondering is it my mistake or do I have the right to ask for it fixed.
I would really appreciate it if someone could help me get in contact with the right people to try and fix the problem.
Thank you
Emails and social media for a year?!?!? I’d have asked my servicing dealership, but I guess I’m old fashioned....

How about this:

Where in the world is this? Laws vary with country.

Did you buy it new?

Is it under a warranty?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts