Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone, new member here. First let me tell you about the cars I had. E46 320i, e36 328i, e39 540i, e60 525d, e39 525d and current f10 530d. I'm looking to make a comeback in the petrol powered bmw and thinking about an f10 m5. I searched for a topic with common problems but I couldn't find any. If someone can help me with a link it'd be much appreciated. So far I was able to find out from other sources that there are problems with oil consumption and injectors. Any other common issues? Thank you

·
vroom! vroom!
2 Posts
subscribed - planning to buy in the coming days a 2014 F10 M5 with low miles (found one already), but want to know the same before I pull the trigger. thanks OP!

·
Registered
238 Posts
So look for proper service of the plugs and coils. and oil changes. I have 15 CP and I got it CPO from the dealer. you may also want to check out
https://f10.m5post.com
this is the best place for info on just the F10. It is a great car. Also, I had the dif service done as soon as I bought her and put better oil in her, Some of the s63s will burn a little bit based on location and what kind of oil it is. I had to up the weight for my climate and no more oil consumption. Good luck and post some pics when you get it.

·
Can has cheezburger
2,081 Posts
2014 M5 here. I've had to have both driver and passenger door latch mechanisms replaced as they stopped popping the lock. Also had an AC issue that was replaced under my extended warranty. Other than that, only had to do oil and filter changes, and tires with reasonable frequency, as well as breaks replaced around 65,000. Highly recommend you get a local independent shop and build a relationship with them as things are expensive to fix on this car. Would highly recommend an extended warranty if you can find one as a result (USAA sells them through a 3rd party).

Overall, she's an amazing car that I enjoy almost every time I drive it (Bay Area traffic...). Be warned though - once you go M you don't go back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts