BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys think it would be presumptuous to have the body shop order an E34 M5 bumper to replace the current standard one? It's not much more expensive than the OEM one and insurance is paying for it all anyway.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just be on their arses to make sure they order the correct part. It will come from germany and will take awhile. Body shops tend to order the original so just make it very clear what you want.

·
Registered
557 Posts
To the body shop, a bumper is a bumper. Just give them the part number and ask them to get it. Tell them it is an optional bumper if they note the difference in the catalog.

·
New comer
333 Posts
to bad they can't cover the AC schnitzer front haha =] but yeah hell yeah go for the M5 front. But like everyone said give them special instructions that you want the M5 front include part number and a picture if they can't process that in their mind.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The body shop came to my house today and towed her down to the shop. I went with the guy so I could get a rental. They gave me a white 2007 Ford Fusion which is actually not too bad of a car but obviously it doesn't look, handle, or feel like a BMW but for a newer Ford I am impressed. Thanks for all your suggestions and pointers on getting things worked out!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts