BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, this is a DUMB one.

Just fitted my M5 replicas, disconneted bat. and, they filp different ways!!!! :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Yes, the drivers side flips up as the passenger side down. I disconnected one, flipped so that they were same position, and reset (battery disconect) and just one flipped, then both, ie. THEY STILL are messed up. Note my bimmer had factory folders so modules etc were all in place. The factory mirrors flipped fine.

I saw long back, some notes on this, but can't find now to save my life, the supplier is investigating. I'll bet it's happend to someone else... HELP!

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I'm pretty sure that is caused by the reversed polarity of the southern hemisphere.

Just drive the car to California and I'll take a look at it. :)

Cheers,
Bill

·
yee!
670 Posts
BillP said:
I'm pretty sure that is caused by the reversed polarity of the southern hemisphere.

Just drive the car to California and I'll take a look at it. :)

Cheers,
Bill
haha:rofl:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:) :) I would love to drive up to sunny CA right now, its pouring rain here http://www.meteochile.cl/reg13santiago.html and I have spent two months cleaning the underside of my car, shame to get it dirty.... Maybe tomorrow if the weather improves.

Maybe when they painted the mirrors they removed the connector and replaced the pins reverse? Will try tonight.....

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks Jack, I knew I had seen that somewhere. I swapped the white and blue wires in the drivers door side connector, and now, we are all synced up!!!!!!!!! The mirrors were either made wrong, OR to paint them well, so that even folded the paint coverage is 100%, the paint shop (my BMW official dealer) took them apart, I think to completly seperate they must remove the connector so that the wires fit through the small hole in the mirror base. Lesson learnt. Thanks again.

·
Banned
8,650 Posts
ChileBeem said:
OK, this is a DUMB one.

Just fitted my M5 replicas, disconneted bat. and, they filp different ways!!!! :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Yes, the drivers side flips up as the passenger side down. I disconnected one, flipped so that they were same position, and reset (battery disconect) and just one flipped, then both, ie. THEY STILL are messed up. Note my bimmer had factory folders so modules etc were all in place. The factory mirrors flipped fine.

I saw long back, some notes on this, but can't find now to save my life, the supplier is investigating. I'll bet it's happend to someone else... HELP!

Maybe you got to passenger side mirrors. :dunno:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sir91 said:
ChileBeem

Where did you get the mirrors from?
kensu903 on ebay. I have to say they are great, 95% OEM (i have a pair of OEM's to compair to so I am really sure..). Highly recommended.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i'll post some in a few weeks when I do my cars final detailing. what bits of the mirrors do you want to see? they look exactly like the m5 mirrors, the only diferences i found were more internal/construction

1 - 13 of 13 Posts