BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Brevity= the soul of wit
15,528 Posts
mtush said:
have a 98 540i slushbox trying to weigh m5 Vs Sport version front sway. had the rear M5 put in few months ago. What's the benefit-cost analysis for comfort and sports ride????
The biggest thing I noticed when I installed the M5 sway bar into my 540i6 was the turn in. It's more immediate due to reduced body role. Ride was not notiecably more rough. I am unsure if the 540i Sport and non sport sways are a different diameter.

· Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PropellerHead said:
The biggest thing I noticed when I installed the M5 sway bar into my 540i6 was the turn in. It's more immediate due to reduced body role. Ride was not notiecably more rough. I am unsure if the 540i Sport and non sport sways are a different diameter.
Guys at pacific BMW told me sport and non-sport sways are slightly different in diameter.

· I wanna DRIVE!
2000 540i sport 6 speed, 1979 Euro 635csi, 1972 3.0 CS
243 Posts
Do the m5 if your going to do it.

The m5 bar is larger than the 540 sport bar. I have the 540 sport suspension and I'm thinking about going to the m5 front sway bar. The big nut is the labor cost to get the sucker in. I'm told Dinan mods to the m5 suspension do not include the front sway bar, so they consider the m5 front sway to be a good sway bar for our car. I've done the m5 rear, and would like to step up to the Dinan adjustable rear sway and the m5 front.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.