BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i ordered a m50 intake manifold and i saw the conversion kit for 350!!! i think thats excessive and i know theres DIY and need someone point me in the right direct of getting everyhing hooked up. if theres any wedsites with the info i need i appriciate it thanks

·
Registered
387 Posts
The M50 manifold swap increases power and performance on the standard engine when compared with the M52 manifold. It is less constricted than the standard M52. I would imagine that your chip will give you more power also. I'm sure it will work well together, however maybe get a more informed opinion from your mechanic.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Just do it then... remember that the swap out to a M50 manifold is still a standard part. I doubt that this change would affect the settings on the chip, but maybe run it by the company that you bought the chip from anyway as it might have been set up for the M52(?) manifold you currently have fitted. From recollection, the M50 manifold gives more top end, in that it breathes better at the top end of the rev range than the more restricted one. Hope this helps. Note that there are magazines such as BMW Car and Total BMW that regularly print articles on this (and many other) subjects for a more technical perspective.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts