BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I did a m50 swap on my car, and ran into some engine codes. This weekend I pulled my manifold off and found out I have fuel in my intake manifold and there was fuel all in my #6 intake runner. Well the fuel injector was missing the tip so I went and bought a new injector. Replaced everything, checked all vacuum lines, everything seemed okay. Drove the car all day, turned off, and started okay. This morning before work the car didn't want to start, after 6 to 7 key cycles she fired right up. Did the exact same for my break. So I'm trying to think, did I hook the fuel supply line and return line correctly? B/c I did see its not hard to get those mixed up. (But I double checked it in my service manual) or maybe the injector is releasing a small amount of fuel pressure while off? No idea! Any ideas guys?

Sent from my Droid using Bimmer App

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I tried doin that method after my break...but me and my buddy looked at it, and there's that small cluster of harnesses that goes to the fuel rail, and is very easy to mess them up. I think I plug the wrong harnesses to the wrong connectors. We tried turning it vover afterwords and it fired up. But I'm leaving the car sit now for a few hours, until I leave for work. And see if that did the trick!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay well I checked my CEL codes last night and I was pulling 2 crazy codes that could have something to do with those wires me and my bud were messing with lol I was pulling vanos mechanically stuck, and secondary air valve. Maybe I should hook them in the way they were before we started plugging things around lol but my car is starting fine and driving great maybe I just needed to drive my car for a few days to get the fuel pressure back? But do bmws take that long to get they're fuel pressure back? Or u guys think I may have a small problem somewhere?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.