BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

M54b25 swap m54b30

585 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  effduration
Right guys this has probably been posted allready but I can’t find anything ,

basically what’s need for a swap from m54b25 to m54b30 on e61

Found a complete engine most wires have been cut on removal of the unit so would my loom fit

what other parts would be needed example I know ecu and airbox will be but anything else
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
dont know the direct answer to your query, but FYI, with the e60, the I6 engines have the N prefix, not M, just so youll be aware.
Reactions: Fatasse61
E60’s started out with M54s before moving to N52, N54, etc. in 2005.

Font Rectangle Parallel Pattern Number
dont know the direct answer to your query, but FYI, with the e60, the I6 engines have the N prefix, not M, just so youll be aware.
Reactions: Fatasse61
I would do it like they do in E46 or E39

Keep original B25 wiring & DME, but use the B30 intake, MAF, injectors, throttle body. The coils, coil-wiring and valve cover should be the same. Get it running as a B30 with the B25 tune. It should start and run well.

After you get it running, you can consider an update the DME Software.
@effduration - How do I get in touch with you regarding the time sert 1090 tool? I could use some guidance.
I sent you a PM
@effduration - How do I get in touch with you regarding the time sert 1090 tool? I could use some guidance.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.