BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2017 F15 X5 xDrive35i M Sport
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed on many occasion when i use the comfort access to enter my 17 X5 35i the text "///M550d" briefly appears on the digital instrument cluster, surely it should read X5 instead.

I recently coded the car to have the ///M logo on start up on the head unit perhaps it has caused this glitch. Personally the cars beleives its an M550d instead. Beside that the X5 runs trouble free, just usual maintenance.

I dont have a photo but could try to capture one.

Let me know if any one ever came across that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's not a M50d model! That Cluster is retrofited!
If your x5 is a M50d model, it should show the M50d logo on the bottom right of the cluster, while M550d stands for 5 series F10/F11.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I swear it says M550d
Than for sure 1000% that cluster is retrofited (It means it was taken from a F10/F11 M550d model), and there is nothing wrong with that :)
One of my friends had retrofited the same cluster from 6WA to 6WB on a 530d gt and the instrument cluster was showing ///M550d because that cluster was taken from a M550d model.
Cheers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Look back over the coding. I had the same with mine when using Carly. From memory, look for bootlogo for dashboard. Maybe you switched this to ‘m performance’ or something like that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts