BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP!! i just joined this site in hopes of solving my problem, i have a 95 530i and it wont keep the drive belt tension, i just shelled out 90 dollars for a new tensioner spring and i bought new belts and its still loose and im at my wits end ripping my hair out, PLEASE someone help

·
Banned
598 Posts
Remove the belt, hold each pulley, idler bearing and tensioner firmly, wiggle it. If they do not wobble even slightky, and if they each rotate in a single plane, then you either have an overdrive pulley somewhere but a stock belt, or you were sold the wrong belt (the old one on your car may have been the wrong length as well).

Goto realoem.com, put in the last 7 digits of your vin.number, drill down the parts diagrams to the exact part number for the belt and recheck.

In any case, doublecheck the length of the new belt using a tape measure. The numbers stamped on the belt in white refer to its length.in millimeters.

·
Resident e34 Racer
3,091 Posts
I create the tension with a wrench, and lock it in with tightening a bolt...

·
545i pilot
582 Posts
Remove the belt, hold each pulley, idler bearing and tensioner firmly, wiggle it. If they do not wobble even slightky, and if they each rotate in a single plane, then you either have an overdrive pulley somewhere but a stock belt, or you were sold the wrong belt (the old one on your car may have been the wrong length as well).

Goto realoem.com, put in the last 7 digits of your vin.number, drill down the parts diagrams to the exact part number for the belt and recheck.

In any case, doublecheck the length of the new belt using a tape measure. The numbers stamped on the belt in white refer to its length.in millimeters.
Still?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

1 - 6 of 6 Posts