BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1469917243.726558.jpg
I want to remove the cam gears and set the timing when I replace the cam chain tensioners. I have a 23mm box wrench and the Allen wrench for the cam and a 27mm wrench for holding the cam.
Do all these bolts and the nut have reverse thread and what is the torque setting?
I have the Schwaben cam lock guides, but the sprockets and Vanos have to be removed to install them, I'm paranoid I'll muff this procedure up somehow. It's my last step before I reinstall all I removed with new goodies and turn the key.
Do any of you have an opinion on replacing the Vanos solenoids while I'm at it?
Thanks

·
Master of none
307 Posts
I have not seen the Schwaben cam locks. Do they not lock the cams from the back of the heads? Why would you have to remove the cam gears to install the cam locks?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Funny isn't it, no instructions for location of the cam locks, nor can I find any.
However I've seen enough from Beisan systems pics to see they are toward the back of the head, thanks rbail 1, burning 2 and the bear.
I will try to fit them tomorrow , then start the install of the guides and lower chain.
Will leave the solenoids for now. If I should need to replace anything else while I'm here let me know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts