BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello long time lurker. Brief background Currently Building a 2000 e38 shorty. I've completed a M5 6 speed swap everything finally working. Looking to supercharge the motor looking at the jaguar xj8 SC with adapters online ebay they seem really expensive might take my own measurements and have something machined the Mercedes SC with adapter seems beefy. My question would be how should I build the motor. Decompression rods? Or not needed for lower boost. Would a mega squirt to control fuel be required or good old fashion fuel reg? I plan to upgrade fuel pump injectors ect. I'm next to a bunch of tuning shops but would a dinan tune get me start stage 3 or 4. I also work at a bmw only salvage yard and have plenty of spare and a bunch of little parts and lines of the shelf. I see alot of false starts but also completing a 82mm LS3 swapped e39 touring as you can imagine all custom fab first start two weeks looking at 1000hp sleeper
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

·
Certifiable BMW Whackjob!
6,652 Posts
As with most M62 power upgrades it is better to search/ask in the E39 forum, but since you've done an S62 swap you need to go to the M5 forum. This has been done so many times in the last few years just look for the names RVAE34 and dudmd. Trevor7008, who was a member here years ago, was one of the first to do the swap, not sure if his was supercharged.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts