BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm back again. Cars going for paint in 2 weeks. I think I have all the bugs worked out of running the M90 Eaton supercharger on my 93 325 IS m50b25tu engine. Now I'm thinking about the m54b30 bottom end swap. I found a crank rods and pistons. I've read enough to know how to do it. but then it occurred to me that the crankshafts that I have found all came from cars that have automatic transmissions. My car is manual. Getrag 5-speed. Will I be able to use my M50 flywheel on the M54 crankshaft? And what about the pilot bearing? This is my first BMW. And my first BMW project. So I could definitely use some help here. Thanks in advance

·
Officially broke
487 Posts
The m54 flywheel will bolt right up idk if it is thicker than the m50 so you might have to have it machined down and change out the starter gear if the teeth don't match up.

The more similar they keep parts throughout the years the less money they spend on engineering, just something to keep in mind.

I'd look at some pictures of parts to make sure they have the same amount of teeth for the starter and buy an upgraded flywheel/ clutch kit for the m54 unless you have one and want to keep it you'll be set!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts