BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Automotive Monomaniac
10,706 Posts
Hack,

Great review.

The E46 M3 is a great sports car. IMHO, the car is too big and heavy for track use. Like most GT cars today, the M3 has gained weight in the search of safety, civility, and comfort. Don't get me wrong, the car is awesome, but it's not for me either.

I was also going to get an E46 M3. However, after a half-dozen Driving Schools, I realized why the instructors all love the E30 M3. It is all about the pleasure of driving the car and feeling the car though the seat of your pants. Your ass becomes part of the chassis.

My E46 330i was fast on the track, but my E36 328i was more fun. I bet the E30 M3 would be a blast.

I went with a Porsche 911 for the challenge. It is hard to drive, and very unforgiving. I will probably drop from a "B" driver to a "D" driver and have to work my way up again... but that is the fun part. Someday, I will be able to get a lap time in the 911 faster than I could in my 330i. I bet it takes me years.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.