BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
One of my RFT had a leak and had swore instead of replacing I would go ahead and jump on a set of these:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...9&autoModel=328i Sedan&autoModClar=Base Model

Love the ride like night and day compared to my dreaded RFT. Had a question deciding on either getting a small spare or just getting a portable air pump. Leaning towards an Air pump. Anyone know a good brand. That is portable and reliable? Thanks..

update the link again it is the Yokohama Avid Envigor.

·
///Multiple
4,525 Posts
Link doesn't work. Why not just post the make, model, and size?

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
One of my RFT had a leak and had swore instead of replacing I would go ahead and jump on a set of these:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...idewall=Blackwall&partnum=055HR6ENV&tab=Sizes

Love the ride like night and day compare to my dreaded RFT. Had a question deciding on either getting a small spare or just getting a portable air pump. Leaning towards an Air pump. Anyone know a good brand. That is portable and reliable? Thanks..
Well, you could get the Conti ComfortKit (Tire Rack); it's both an air pump, and "goo" inserter, quite similar to the BMW kit. Just keep in mind that it will only stop simple nail punctures of about 1/4" in diameter in the immediate tread area but may clog up your TPMS sensor. No problem...Tire Rack can sell you an individual TPMS sensor replacement for a reasonable cost (about $50 bucks). More significant damage to the tire will strand you and require the temporary spare. Roll the dice.
My (prior) M3 had the BMW "goo" kit and I used it twice for simple nail punctures...worked just fine. Of course it was pouring rain at both incidents (Murphy's Law).

·
Freedom isn't free!!
2018 Glacier Silver 340i M Sport
20,099 Posts

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...9&autoModel=328i Sedan&autoModClar=Base Model

Love the ride like night and day compared to my dreaded RFT. Had a question deciding on either getting a small spare or just getting a portable air pump. Leaning towards an Air pump. Anyone know a good brand. That is portable and reliable? Thanks..
Be safe rather than sorry. Get the spare.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
All the portable air pumps say you need at least a 12 volt Cig lighter that has at least 15 Amp output. Asked auto zone and they looked like deer in headlights not knowing what I was talking about. I knew more about the product than they did sad to say the least. I have a 2009 328I does anyone know exactly what amp output it's lighter has? I have read 15-20 AMPS. Hope I never have to test it out but would hate to be blowing fuses trying to inflate a tire. Bought a 300 PSI Slime that is suppose to only take 8 min to fill a flat tire to 35 PSI that requires 15 AMP out put and a digital tire gauge with replaceable batteries all for around $45. Eying that Black and Decker: http://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-...omotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1323311939&sr=1-1-catcorr or this slime rechargeable compressor http://www.amazon.com/Slime-COMP-07..._5?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1323311867&sr=1-5. Have 90 days to return the auto zone air pump in case I decide on another. Just figured better to be safe and have this in my trunk rather that having a flat with the pump from amazon in route (LOL) Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
All the portable air pumps say you need at least a 12 volt Cig lighter that has at least 15 Amp output. Asked auto zone and they looked like deer in headlights not knowing what I was talking about. I knew more about the product than they did sad to say the least. I have a 2009 328I does anyone know exactly what amp output it's lighter has? I have read 15-20 AMPS. Hope I never have to test it out but would hate to be blowing fuses trying to inflate a tire. Bought a 300 PSI Slime that is suppose to only take 8 min to fill a flat tire to 35 PSI that requires 15 AMP out put and a slime digital tire gauge with replaceable batteries all for around $45. Eying that Black and Decker: http://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-...omotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1323311939&sr=1-1-catcorr or this slime rechargeable compressor http://www.amazon.com/Slime-COMP-07..._5?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1323311867&sr=1-5. Have 90 to return the auto zone air pump in case I decide on another. Just figured better to be safe and have this in my trunk rather that having a flat with the pump from amazon in route (LOL) Thanks for any info.
You seem to be quite fixated with SLIME. I put this stuff in the same category with sludge, cesspool, grunge, puss, toe jelly, coagulation, dung, and taxes.

The Conti ComfortKit is probably the same kit as BMW's kit...and is proven over time. Its very name has some legitimacy compared to "slime." I can see giving one as a Christmas gift, but not the other. I'm starting to suspect that you're a SLIME agent...or have some other slimy agenda here.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You seem to be quite fixated with SLIME. I put this stuff in the same category with sludge, cesspool, grunge, puss, toe jelly, coagulation, dung, and taxes.

The Conti ComfortKit is probably the same kit as BMW's kit...and is proven over time. Its very name has some legitimacy compared to "slime." I can see giving one as a Christmas gift, but not the other. I'm starting to suspect that you're a SLIME agent...or have some other slimy agenda here.
No not a slime agent that is all they had at my local auto zone and was hoping to get something local or off Amazon and the best I saw on Amazon was what I posted they did not have the Conti Kit. Just trying to get what I need to solve any issues in case of a flat. will look into the Conti Comfortkit is it alot cheaper than the BMW kit?

·
Premium Member
6,882 Posts

I have the BMW mobility kit and a kit I made myself (Griots Garage portable compressor, their plug kit, and a can on Slime.). I like the self assembled kit much better. The pump is quieter and Slime is easier to use. I've used Slime for decades on my bicycle and tractor tires and it has worked great. For my bicycles I use Conti tires and tubes, but pretreat them with Slime for flat-free cycling seasons.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.