BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to hold out for a 335i, but drove in a coworkers car, and know I want one.

Anyone have a lead on a nice low miles car?

MP

·
Dragon Slayer
353 Posts
How about checking Cars.com or AutoTrader.com? If you can wait until the next M3 comes out, you'll get a later model E46 M3 vs. now because a lot of people will be trading in for the new ones, plus more depreciation for the old model. But I hear ya on the mistake ... if I drove a faster model than mine, I'd start hating my car, so I'm going to stay used to mine until I can move up. :)

·
Registered
372 Posts
The E46 M3 is a great choice. The review of the 335i in Autoweek:

"...Dynamically, the 335i is far from being the junior M3 many people expect. It's a sporty enough proposition for pretty much all of its core audience, but it's clear from the start the chassis is set up with comfort as the priority. "

Depends on your priorities.

·
Registered
5,668 Posts
ThatOneGuy said:
The E46 M3 is a great choice. The review of the 335i in Autoweek:

"...Dynamically, the 335i is far from being the junior M3 many people expect. It's a sporty enough proposition for pretty much all of its core audience, but it's clear from the start the chassis is set up with comfort as the priority. "

Depends on your priorities.
Makes sense...since the die-hard enthusiasts will ante up for the M3, making the 328/335 softer only broadens its audience.

·
Registered
114 Posts
My '05 M3 coupe is for sale.
10,000 miles
- Imola red exterior / Imola red interior
- 6 speed manual
- Navigation
- Harmon Kardon
- Xenon headlights
- Leather interior

I'm also including a set of 19" SSR GT3's with Bridgestone S-03's (valued at almost $4K) in perfect condition. Wheels and tires probably have about 6,000 miles on them. Asking price: $47,000.00

These are the only pics I have right now. Sorry.

Thanks.

Dom

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
I've been toying... toying being the operative word... with doing the S54 transplant into my ZHP as performed by RogueEngineering. But, $15,000 in parts alone probably is going to relegate this thought to merely fiction and i'll wait for the upcoming M3.

But, man would it be fun to have all those ponnies ready to run at the helm of the oh-so sedate appearing E46 sedan.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm selling my '03. It is Topaz Blue with black leather and has 22,500 miles, 19" OEM wheels, premium pkg, xenons, heated seats, adjustable lumbar support and seat width, H/K sound, moonroof, etc. It is a CPO BMW under warranty until 2009. I'm asking $40,000. I've had the car for two years and am planning to move down to two seats (M coupe). I can be reached at [email protected] for pics and further discussion.

·
Registered
1 Posts
exhaust noise normal?

I just purchased a 2001 m3 two weeks ago and traded in my 330ci but wanted to know if the exhaust is supposed to sound like a rattle at high revs?please let me know if others have this same issue?

·
10,856 Posts
I just purchased a 2001 m3 two weeks ago and traded in my 330ci but wanted to know if the exhaust is supposed to sound like a rattle at high revs?please let me know if others have this same issue?
Yes.

·
M Mad
10,476 Posts
It is a called the rasp and is loved by abou thalf the owners, and hated by the other half. There are products out that claim toeliminate the rasp, others claim it is further up the system in the headers.

Most people learn to live with it, and if they hate it, they gripe about it, but don't do anything. :)

·
VIII
8,087 Posts
It is a called the rasp and is loved by abou thalf the owners, and hated by the other half. There are products out that claim toeliminate the rasp, others claim it is further up the system in the headers.

Most people learn to live with it, and if they hate it, they gripe about it, but don't do anything. :)
I love it! :thumbup:

·
TMS
9,288 Posts
I spent a significant amount of seat time in an SMG-equipped M3 and a Z3 M Coupe driving to and from (but not on) Laguna Seca on Sunday (thanks Kurt, you rock! :thumbup:). Having had that experience, my Z4 M Coupe can't get here soon enough.

·
Registered
345 Posts
You and I are in the same boat. I went from my e46 to my e90 and just love the e46's so much more. I've always loved M3's and have been keeping my eye out for a good deal. Good luck! :)

·
M Mad
10,476 Posts
UUC and Borla mid pipes supposedly do.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
To chime in here, since I have an 04 M3.

I love the E46 M3, but I would suggest hanging on for the release of the new version, there will be many E46's available at that time and you can choose either ?

My only reservations about the new M3 model will be the 1st year bugs etc etc.. I am one that typically will hold out for the year 2 release.

For now though...I love my car !! :drive:

**One school of thought - get an E46 M3 then wait and see ? the depreciation on M3's isnt bad.

Good Luck either way !! :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts