BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone received delivery yet of an ED car that shipped on the Maersk Teal boat which arrived in NY port on 4/15?

I've heard of couple members just picked up their cars this weekend, but am wondering about everyone else. My car is supposedly still at the VDC since 4/19, initial drop-off in Munich was 3/26.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Yes, redelivery in MD.

pedersenkl said:
Has anyone received delivery yet of an ED car that shipped on the Maersk Teal boat which arrived in NY port on 4/15?

I've heard of couple members just picked up their cars this weekend, but am wondering about everyone else. My car is supposedly still at the VDC since 4/19, initial drop-off in Munich was 3/26.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Maersk Teal waiting, waiting

Still waiting for mine; Docked 4/15, dealer says first record he has is of its being booked into VPC 4/19, needing a scratch repair, now (he says) awaiting space on a truck to MD.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got the call from my dealer in MD, my car is ready! :thumbup:

March 26th - Munich Dropoff
April 15th - NY port
April 19th - VDC
May 5th - Dealership
May 7th - Pickup

6 wks total from dropoff in Europe to pickup at dealership.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
pedersenkl said:

April 15th - NY port
April 19th - VDC
May 5th - Dealership
May 7th - Pickup

Wow...you might want a VDC inquiry report. Your car seems to be at the VDC for a long time.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Excellent! Perhaps now we can have some pictures! :thumbup:

pedersenkl said:

April 15th - NY port
April 19th - VDC
May 5th - Dealership
May 7th - Pickup

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
arnolds said:
Wow...you might want a VDC inquiry report. Your car seems to be at the VDC for a long time.
My dealer said it had a clean VDC report with no problems. I'll probably also have him print that out when I pickup to confirm. Sounds like the VDC has been a little slow recently. 16 days of waiting there is forever when you can't track it!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
e36M3r said:
Excellent! Perhaps now we can have some pictures! :thumbup:
You got it. Here's a couple digital photos from ED, but will try and provide a few more after pickup this Saturday.

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
e36M3r said:
Sweet! Where was the last picture taken? So, are you heading to MD for the pickup and drive back?
First 4 photos were taken in the small parking lot right outside of the BMW pickup center in Munich. The last photo was taken in beautiful downtown Regensburg. I highly suggest spending an afternoon walking the cobblestone streets, cafes, and shops there for anyone going soon. Don't forget the Regensburg BMW plant tour also, it's great!

I'll be taking the Amtrak into DC and then the metro to Passport in MD then driving back to NC. Should be a nice ride both ways, especially on the way home in my new ride! :drive:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts