BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Brian
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long-time bimmer owner that just completed my first year with my 2011 335i convertible - mineral white with all beige interior. Love it!

I strived to find a 2011 model with the black onyx two tone, for reasons of style (have always had black interiors in my bimmers) and maintenance, but fell in love with the combination after nearly two years of searching.

Living in Maryland, I have the top down very often, even year round (keep it up in the garage). I am finding that the interior trim and leather gets very dirty and I am struggling to keep it clean. I typically wash and clean my cars every week or two. Any guidance on products to use or methods to follow, specifically wth the leather (I do use BMW products).

Thx!
ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1476627006.620889.jpg

·
Registered
38 Posts
Vacuum regularly, every week, Autoglym interior shampoo, autoglym leather balm every 6 months and if car is unused for at least a week

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Having owned a Bimmer a sedan, wagon and 3 convertibles, 3 with beige leather and 2 with red, I've found Zymol Treat to be an excellent leather conditioner.

Tom

·
Registered Boozer
680 Posts
I clean the leather with Gliptone leather cleaner, it's a mild liquid soap for leather that I mix with very hot water in a small plastic bucket. A clean microfiber towel drenched in this hot soapy mix, then wrung out and used to wipe down the surfaces. Drench, wring, and repeat. Keep the water in the bucket hot, the heat helps remove the stubborn oils/dirt.

Once cleaned, I come back over with the Gliptone leather conditioner. Apply conditioner, let dry, have a beer, and then use a clean microfiber towel to "buff" out the surfaces. The Gliptone leather conditioner when buffed, returns a nice matte surface, just like the leather looked when it rolled off the production line.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts